Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
74
63%
no
31
26%
maybe
7
6%
maybe not
3
3%
dont know
3
3%
 
Total votes: 118

GranvilleThomas
Posts: 120
Joined: 1 Apr 2015, 9:58am
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby GranvilleThomas » 6 Oct 2020, 5:25pm

Yes Trump is MAD and DANGEROUS.

Trump.jpeg


Sadly it looks like Capitalism is going to outlive me. Luckily my daughters have promised to carry on the fight against the likes of Trump and our own Poundshop Churchill.

djnotts
Posts: 1753
Joined: 26 May 2008, 12:51pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby djnotts » 6 Oct 2020, 5:58pm

GranvilleThomas wrote:Yes Trump is MAD and DANGEROUS.

Trump.jpeg

Sadly it looks like Capitalism is going to outlive me. Luckily my daughters have promised to carry on the fight against the likes of Trump and our own Poundshop Churchill.


The last chance to control, if not to defeat, capitalism in UK was lost back in 1964. Wilson failed to abolish private education and to nationalise the banking and financial sectors.
It will certainly outlive me - and my grandchildren. The class war has been won by the rulers - with the support of the masses!

Stradageek
Posts: 812
Joined: 17 Jan 2011, 1:07pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Stradageek » 6 Oct 2020, 6:17pm

To quote Thucydidies:

“Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”

And to mis-quote:

The rich do what they want, the poor do what they must

djnotts
Posts: 1753
Joined: 26 May 2008, 12:51pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby djnotts » 6 Oct 2020, 6:20pm

Stradageek wrote:
The rich do what they want, the poor do what they must


Rather they do what they are TOLD.

Manc33
Posts: 1712
Joined: 25 Apr 2015, 9:37pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Manc33 » 6 Oct 2020, 10:53pm

The title is a loaded question. Trump possibly isn't mad, when he's made billions in real estate. You could say he's corrupt, conniving, dishonest, sneaky, but not mad.
When two cyclists get married, they should throw anodized cable crimps instead of confetti.

Bonefishblues
Posts: 8459
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Bonefishblues » 6 Oct 2020, 10:59pm

Manc33 wrote:The title is a loaded question. Trump possibly isn't mad, when he's made billions in real estate. You could say he's corrupt, conniving, dishonest, sneaky, but not mad.

Isn't it accepted that he's pretty much maintained the fortune his father left him, as opposed to having made a huge amount?

hjd10
Posts: 281
Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 9:43pm
Location: Originally from Lancashire but now in Lincolnshire

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby hjd10 » 6 Oct 2020, 11:25pm

djnotts wrote:
GranvilleThomas wrote:Yes Trump is MAD and DANGEROUS.

Trump.jpeg

Sadly it looks like Capitalism is going to outlive me. Luckily my daughters have promised to carry on the fight against the likes of Trump and our own Poundshop Churchill.


The last chance to control, if not to defeat, capitalism in UK was lost back in 1964. Wilson failed to abolish private education and to nationalise the banking and financial sectors.
It will certainly outlive me - and my grandchildren. The class war has been won by the rulers - with the support of the masses!

The US and the UK are worlds apart in virtually every respect, what sort of country are thinking we should emulate?

pete75
Posts: 13422
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 2:37pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby pete75 » 7 Oct 2020, 12:07am

Bonefishblues wrote:
Manc33 wrote:The title is a loaded question. Trump possibly isn't mad, when he's made billions in real estate. You could say he's corrupt, conniving, dishonest, sneaky, but not mad.

Isn't it accepted that he's pretty much maintained the fortune his father left him, as opposed to having made a huge amount?


Apparently if he'd put his inheritance into safe investments rather than trying trying to run businesses he'd have twice as much money as he's got now.

mercalia
Posts: 14465
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby mercalia » 7 Oct 2020, 12:11am

Bonefishblues wrote:
Manc33 wrote:The title is a loaded question. Trump possibly isn't mad, when he's made billions in real estate. You could say he's corrupt, conniving, dishonest, sneaky, but not mad.

Isn't it accepted that he's pretty much maintained the fortune his father left him, as opposed to having made a huge amount?


I thought he had lost it all and was up to his eyeballs in loans

Pebble
Posts: 349
Joined: 7 Jun 2020, 11:59pm

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Pebble » 7 Oct 2020, 12:21am

Paulatic wrote:
Pebble wrote:If he had just ran up a flight of stairs with that face mask.... it could be argued he is in good shape for a 74 year old, especially one who is currently suffering from a deadly respiratory infection

Whether he looks reasonably well through being pumped full of chemicals and oxygen, or may be it is all a made up story and he has never had covid (wouldn't put it past him) But he doesn't look seriously ill to me.


I will assume you are not and have never been a stockman. :D If you see a calf with laboured breathing like that give them jab ASAP or it might not end well.

I was thinking more on the lines of wheezy old Tup than a spring lamb.

I'm not for one minute suggesting he had the vitality of a tour-de-france podium position, but for someone who is supposed to be 3 or 4 days into Covid, I thought he was looking quite sprightly - I know plenty much younger who would have been more out of breath on their best days.

Oldjohnw
Posts: 5314
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Oldjohnw » 7 Oct 2020, 12:58am

Pebble wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
Pebble wrote:If he had just ran up a flight of stairs with that face mask.... it could be argued he is in good shape for a 74 year old, especially one who is currently suffering from a deadly respiratory infection

Whether he looks reasonably well through being pumped full of chemicals and oxygen, or may be it is all a made up story and he has never had covid (wouldn't put it past him) But he doesn't look seriously ill to me.


I will assume you are not and have never been a stockman. :D If you see a calf with laboured breathing like that give them jab ASAP or it might not end well.

I was thinking more on the lines of wheezy old Tup than a spring lamb.

I'm not for one minute suggesting he had the vitality of a tour-de-france podium position, but for someone who is supposed to be 3 or 4 days into Covid, I thought he was looking quite sprightly - I know plenty much younger who would have been more out of breath on their best days.


Try taking steroids etc. You'll get a spring on your steps quickly enough.
John

GranvilleThomas
Posts: 120
Joined: 1 Apr 2015, 9:58am
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby GranvilleThomas » 7 Oct 2020, 6:44am

hjd10 wrote:
djnotts wrote:
GranvilleThomas wrote:Yes Trump is MAD and DANGEROUS.

Trump.jpeg

Sadly it looks like Capitalism is going to outlive me. Luckily my daughters have promised to carry on the fight against the likes of Trump and our own Poundshop Churchill.


The last chance to control, if not to defeat, capitalism in UK was lost back in 1964. Wilson failed to abolish private education and to nationalise the banking and financial sectors.
It will certainly outlive me - and my grandchildren. The class war has been won by the rulers - with the support of the masses!

The US and the UK are worlds apart in virtually every respect, what sort of country are thinking we should emulate?


I do not think that the US and the UK are very far apart at all.

The book 'Britannia Unchained: Global Lessons for Growth and Prosperity', written by Priti Patel, Dominic Raab, Chris Skidmore Elizabeth Truss, and Kwasi Kwarteng, five Conservative MP's, was published in 2012 and advocates that the UK should be turned into a mini USA ASAP and we are on that journey at the moment - Surely you must have noticed?

Britannia_Unchained.jpg
Britannia_Unchained.jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 65 times


It is not necessary to emulate any particular country, to produce a fair and just society for all, not just the privileged few.

GranvilleThomas
Posts: 120
Joined: 1 Apr 2015, 9:58am
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby GranvilleThomas » 7 Oct 2020, 7:19am

Manc33 wrote:The title is a loaded question. Trump possibly isn't mad, when he's made billions in real estate. You could say he's corrupt, conniving, dishonest, sneaky, but not mad.


The thing is he isn't a successful businessman, he inherited millions from his father initially.

Most Americans think Trump is a successful businessman mind you. Until they learn about his losses.

$1.17 billion in losses between 1985 and 1994, for example.

Since 2005, Trump has made hundreds of millions of dollars from 'The Apprentice' and associated branding deals. He’s poured much of it into risky investments that have ostensibly failed, and he’s used those losses, on top of business deductions, to drive down his taxable income.

Tax forms obtained by The New York Times showed that, from 1985 to 1994, Trump lost “more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer.”

He paid no income taxes at all for ten years for example — largely because lost much more money than he made.

Is he mad?
John D Gartner, the John’s Hopkins Professor and Dr Julie Futrell, a clinical psychologist are just two of very many Psychologists and Psychiatrists who are speaking out about Donald Trump’s mental health issues in an unprecedented move, which they say is for the good of the public and their own professional integrity.

Maybe he is not 'mad', but obviously greater minds than mine, think in their professional opinion, that he is at least Psychologically Unfit to be President!'

Oldjohnw
Posts: 5314
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby Oldjohnw » 7 Oct 2020, 8:12am

I understand that the President isn't getting better.

He's as bad as or worse than ever.
John

User avatar
simonineaston
Posts: 3804
Joined: 9 May 2007, 1:06pm
Location: ...at a cricket ground

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Postby simonineaston » 7 Oct 2020, 8:30am

Is he mad? Who can say? What does 'mad' mean? I don't know. But if you make a judgement based on the context in which the individual exists - in the privacy of my own home and my very small world, I can be as potty and unstable as I like - no one much knows or is affected... but Trump has massive influence and his actions affect literally millions of folk, all around the world. If I was an American I'd be asking myself one simple Q.: What are the chances of this man doing some harm to me and mine? I would have thought the answer was screamingly obvious, but there you go. Perhaps it's all his voters who're mad!!
byyeee,
SiE