New Years Fool

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

New Years Fool

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
You know that feeling, when you start to sort out a problem and then after several discussions you put the phone down.
Then it dawns on you what has gone wrong with someone or some system.
Then when making others work and you blame others for a breakdown in communication etc.......................chemist............

Oh, I have no tablets because the doctors upped my dose but did not change the records............... :?

Of course it could just be that you were taking two of the tablets of old strength then given the new double strength tablets and double the quantity............you carry on taking two tablets and wonder why the doctors won't give you any more :?
There's :lol: no fool like an old fool, but a first for me, I must be loosing my marbles....

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by NATURAL ANKLING on 4 Jan 2018, 3:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Cyril Haearn

Re: New Years Fool

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Next time I am feeling queer I will ask for a wonderdrug:
Placebo! It often works better than the real thing

Read an article about people who dream up names for drugs, they try to think of suitable names, for example *aspirin* is fairly harmless but a strong *hazardous* drug needs a daunting name that is hard to pronounce
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Pastychomper

Post by Pastychomper »

Reminds me of an old joke.

A chemist went into a pharmacy and asked, "Do you have any acetyl salicylic acid?"
"You mean aspirin?" replied the pharmacist.
"That's the one", said the chemist, "I can never remember the name!"
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Doc says overdose is not doing anything, advice just carry on........................ :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

Glad you're okay!
I got given a different generic of a drug I've taken every day for donkey's years. I've had generics of it before, no problem.

Then the on-off phases of raging hot red skin started... and spread..... took a while for the penny to drop what was causing it though. I was also on some temporary stuff I'd only been on a few weeks rather than about 20 years, so thought it was that at first.

Generic was exactly the same drug, but something or other else in it was bad news. Chemist replaced one packet with my old generic to test it, which worked, but for the rest I had to get- and pay for- a new prescription to replace them.
Even after I stopped taking it the problems with it went on for another week or so before fading; I think it messed up my small blood vessels and they took time to stop flaring up when warmer or colder than usual.