File on 4: Degrees of Deception is on BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday 16 January at 20:00 GMT

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: File on 4: Degrees of Deception is on BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday 16 January at 20:00 GMT

Post by mercalia »

landsurfer wrote:A few years ago my daughter, in her 30's, had an appointment at Rotherham General Hospital.
She asked me to accompany her as on a previous appointment she could not understand the Doctors spoken English.
At the hospital there where 2 doctors of "Asian Heritage" present.
Their command of spoken English was not good and they refused to talk to my Daughter directly and would only talk to me.
I insisted they talk to my daughter but they ignored me and still would only discuss her condition with me.

I entered a formal complaint to the Hospital.

3 months later i received a letter from the Trust apologising for mine and my Daughters experience and asking us to a meeting to discuss the Doctors performance.
The meeting was cancelled a week before it was due to take place as one of the Doctors had returned to Pakistan and was unable to be contacted, the other had also returned to Pakistan but additionally was under investigation as to their fitness to practice and qualifications.

It does make you wonder about checks on staff ... :roll:

wow very worrying. i wonder is it possible to take the complaint further, since it isnt just the doctors at issue butthe trust who employed them? Is there an ombudsman to take complaints to if you are not satisified? Would be interesting if this thread compiled a list of such stories? The original BBC programme I felt was rather soft on the 2 cases - the engineer and the psychologist who were later blackmailed. I dont have any sympathy for either, both were fraudsters who were gobbled up by a bigger one, serves them right? I did feel sorry for the son of the engineer who thus saw his dad in a new light and also lost £300,000 in possible inheritance.