Welcome to Paris!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
661-Pete

Re: Welcome to Paris!

Post by 661-Pete »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Raw fish can be hazardous, the Guardian reported that someone found a 5ft long tapeworm in his gut after eating it
A fine example of an ambiguous sentence that can be misconstrued! :lol: The mind boggleth!

Mind you, our son reported that while on a visit to PNG he sampled sago grubs - raw and cooked. He says he didn't like them very much... :shock:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

661-Pete wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Raw fish can be hazardous, the Guardian reported that someone found a 5ft long tapeworm in his gut after eating it
A fine example of an ambiguous sentence that can be misconstrued! :lol: The mind boggleth!

Mind you, our son reported that while on a visit to PNG he sampled sago grubs - raw and cooked. He says he didn't like them very much... :shock:

Snap, I just quoted PNG in connection with languages. I guess he are the worm as an egg or larva (?)

Bon appetit!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Graham

Post by Graham »

Please put the poisoned Rat Bait in the proper bait boxes - to avoid poisoning other animals.

The spring traps in my garden, are also protected by appropriate boxes.
Again, this avoids pets and other unintended wildlife from getting smashed to death.
661-Pete

Dealing with rats

Post by 661-Pete »

Well - after getting cheesed off (no pun intended) with the poison bait, which clearly doesn't 'poison' anything, boxed or otherwise, I set a couple of spring traps the other night - reluctantly, as a measure of last resort. Nothing in the instructions about 'putting them in a box', I set them in a narrow gap between shed and garage where I know the rats run, at right angles to the run according to instructions, etc. etc.

This morning one had vanished entirely - don't know how. It might have been dragged under the wooden shed which is spaced from the ground by battens, and where I suspect rats lurk - the space is inaccessible for larger animals. The other one had been sprung, but not by a rat alas! By a mouse. Literally a bit of an 'overkill', the traps are very powerful! Not what I hoped for, we don't have a mouse problem and I'd much rather let the creatures be - in the garden at any rate. But the laws of chance decreed otherwise... :(

At least we haven't seen the rats for some days now. But if they reappear, it'll probably have to be the professionals...

One thing I'll probably do when the weather's a bit warmer - block up all access for rats under the shed, with cement. This'll be quite a bit of work.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).