The Archers (R4) - Matt's hit and run

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
rjb

Re: The Archers (R4) - Matt's hit and run

Post by rjb »

What a twist of fate. Looks as if the recently deceased Nic Grundy is the culprit. :shock:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

rjb wrote:What a twist of fate. Looks as if the recently deceased Nic Grundy is the culprit. :shock:

Blimey - I'll try and listen tonight! Ta
softlips

Post by softlips »

rjb wrote:What a twist of fate. Looks as if the recently deceased Nic Grundy is the culprit. :shock:

Didn’t see that coming!
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Is he really dead? The only thing more unbelievable than the Archers is real life :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well the Grundys were always bad'uns. Dont know who Nic was dont really care, I wish a plane would crash on Ambridge and wipe the whole village out, do us all a favour and end that abysmal tale of country folk :idea:
sjs

Post by sjs »

mercalia wrote:

well the Grundys were always bad'uns. Dont know who Nic was dont really care, I wish a plane would crash on Ambridge and wipe the whole village out, do us all a favour and end that abysmal tale of country folk :idea:

Why do you feel so strongly about it? Why not just not listen? Surely there are more worthy targets for your ire, such as Anne Atkins on Thought for the Day, or Thought for the Day itself, or John Humphrys or Sarah Montague (aka Lady Brooke), both of the Toady programme.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

sjs wrote:. . . . Surely there are more worthy targets for your ire, such as Anne Atkins on Thought for the Day, or Thought for the Day itself, or John Humphrys or Sarah Montague (aka Lady Brooke), both of the Toady programme.

Plenty more to love to hate, interesting programmes are ruined with muzak (Listening Project) or radio 5 with spun-out coverage of non-sports &c &c
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

sjs wrote:
mercalia wrote:

Why do you feel so strongly about it? Why not just not listen? Surely there are more worthy targets for your ire, such as Anne Atkins on Thought for the Day, or Thought for the Day itself, or John Humphrys or Sarah Montague (aka Lady Brooke), both of the Toady programme.

I used to have to listen to it, as I worked with an avid Archers fan on Sunday mornings. Didn't like it then, and it's got worse since. I always used to say it went from a situation where there was nobody in it I wouldn't cross the street to avoid, to one where there was nobody in it I wouldn't cross the street and climb a tree to avoid.
In the odd times I have caught it recently, the voices of the younger ones are indistinguishable (I'm told due to the previous cast being sacked to make way for 'nicely spoken' kids who all sound alike (probably relatives or kids of friends of those in charge I suppose), and the bits of plot I have picked up or been told about make me feel that most of the characters ought to be in jail. I think right now I'd climb a tree and take my bike up the tree with me to avoid any of them.

Edit: Agree about Humphries and your aptly titled Toady, and Atkins though. Especially Atkins. (I'd say she was the most hateful person on R4, and there is some fairly active competition for that title).