Are you dying for a KFC?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Audax67

Re: Are you dying for a KFC?

Post by Audax67 »

FTFY
Have we got time for another cuppa?
mercalia

Re: Are you dieing for a KFC?

Post by mercalia »

any one here a KFC addict. Lidl do some southern fried chicken pieces you can buy to cook at home. I some times get them when they are being reduced. not bad at all
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

djnotts wrote:Presumably those who have been dialling 999 are indeed well hooked!

I thought you were joking before I saw a bbc report today -

"Police in Tower Hamlets, east London, urged the public not to waste officers’ time by complaining about closed KFC stores. "

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/20/kfc-was-warned-about-switching-uk-delivery-contractor-union-says?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=264917&subid=23601318&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

DHL? the general delivery people? any one here got a parcel meant for KFC :wink: :lol:
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:any one here a KFC addict. Lidl do some southern fried chicken pieces you can buy to cook at home. I some times get them when they are being reduced. not bad at all

Is that stuff mechanically recovered? I looked at it the other week and assumed it must be at £1.99 a bucket.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Audax67 wrote:FTFY
I thought along the same lines - but then I'm forever being 'told off' for complaining about spelling and grammar.... :oops:

I made some falafel for lunch the other day. Yummy! For years I've been experimenting to try and unearth the perfect falafel recipe - with innumerable failures (usually involving them falling to bits) - now I've finally hit upon a recipe that actually works! I claim no credit: it's from one of Yotam Ottolenghi's books. And strictly vegan! But that's not the point: the point is, I'm certain there are plenty of KFC-addicts out there, who'd take to my falafel like a shot! Healthier eating (well, a bit healthier) and better for the planet too (well, a bit better)!

On the downside, I have no idea what a KFC tastes like. So I may be boxing at shadows...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I'm sure that Strictly Vegan will be a smash hit series, and an interesting spin-off.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

I haven't seen a KFC in Norway. I do miss chippies, though. There's one in Oslo, but that's a bit far to go for a chippy.

Many of the fast food chains here are Swedish. Norwegians joke about how they have IKEA'd fast food and exported it to Norway and there's some truth in that. Max Burgers and Wayne's Coffee are highly successful (Max burgers has a bigger market share than McDonald's in Sweden), and have borrowed heavily from IKEA's supply and distribution models.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:
mercalia wrote:any one here a KFC addict. Lidl do some southern fried chicken pieces you can buy to cook at home. I some times get them when they are being reduced. not bad at all

Is that stuff mechanically recovered? I looked at it the other week and assumed it must be at £1.99 a bucket.

By "mechanically recovered" do you mean picked up by bike or the other form of mechanical transport we're all meant hate?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I'm sure that Strictly Vegan will be a smash hit series, and an interesting spin-off.

Can't wait for for KFV :D
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Vorpal wrote:I haven't seen a KFC in Norway. I do miss chippies, though. There's one in Oslo, but that's a bit far to go for a chippy.

I concur,ours is at the end of the avenue :mrgreen:

Many of the fast food chains here are Swedish.

Kentucky Fried Swede.
An interesting concept in the light of current trends and difficulties

Norwegians joke about how they have IKEA'd fast food and

Interestingly Kentuckied Enriched Appetite perhaps?
Second thoughts it's not catchy enough :?
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I don't think that your ongoing attempts to launch the R2 Advertising Agency are likely to be all that successful you know :D
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I don't think that your ongoing attempts to launch the R2 Advertising Agency are likely to be all that successful you know :D

Yer prolly reet,and could explain why I spent my career working for a living to earn a crust :?

:idea:Thinks..... Kentucky Fried Crust,now that my dear fellow is something that may juuusssstttt catch on!
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Ooohhhh the possibilities are endless! Kentucky Fried Celeriac, Kentucky Fried Cauliflower, Kentucky Fried Cabbage, Kentucky Fried Carrot, Kentucky Fried Cardoon*, etc. etc. etc.

Anyone wanna come in with me on this? :twisted:

*and a bonus point to anyone who can tell us what that last one is, without looking up on Wiki!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Debs

Post by Debs »

661-Pete wrote:Ooohhhh the possibilities are endless! Kentucky Fried Celeriac, Kentucky Fried Cauliflower, Kentucky Fried Cabbage, Kentucky Fried Carrot, Kentucky Fried Cardoon*, etc. etc. etc.

Post Brexit: Kentucky Fried Chlorinate :lol:
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Kentucky Fried Porridge, the margin on that would be large if one bought 25 kg sacks
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies