Are you dying for a KFC?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: Are you dieing for a KFC?

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:
mercalia wrote:any one here a KFC addict. Lidl do some southern fried chicken pieces you can buy to cook at home. I some times get them when they are being reduced. not bad at all

Is that stuff mechanically recovered? I looked at it the other week and assumed it must be at £1.99 a bucket.

the lild ones? are just breasts or legs coated, they are normally £3 or so in a tray in the cool section
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
mercalia wrote:any one here a KFC addict. Lidl do some southern fried chicken pieces you can buy to cook at home. I some times get them when they are being reduced. not bad at all

Is that stuff mechanically recovered? I looked at it the other week and assumed it must be at £1.99 a bucket.

the lild ones? are just breasts or legs coated, they are normally £3 or so in a tray in the cool section

I saw a whole frozen cabinet filled with looky-likey KFC 10-piece bucket at £1.99, so it may not be the same thing. I can't see how it can be sold at that price. At least KFC, which people seem to be slagging off, whether they've tried it or not, is made from fresh chicken prepared in store (hence current supply issues!)
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

mercalia wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:

And there you have the reason why. In the meat trade when anything isn’t looking it’s best fresh they coat or marinade it to hide the fact.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:
mercalia wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Is that stuff mechanically recovered? I looked at it the other week and assumed it must be at £1.99 a bucket.

I saw a whole frozen cabinet filled with looky-likey KFC 10-piece bucket at £1.99, so it may not be the same thing. I can't see how it can be sold at that price. At least KFC, which people seem to be slagging off, whether they've tried it or not, is made from fresh chicken prepared in store (hence current supply issues!)

The ones I am referring to are with all the other non frozen food, chickens, pork chops beef etc
Mistik-ka

Re: Are you dying for a KFC?

Post by Mistik-ka »

I am bemused to see such condemnation of KFC emanating from a nation whose citizens are reputed to consume mushy peas at times when they are not facing the prospect of imminent death by starvation.

(Thinks — Cat. Pigeons. Let's see what happens if we put them together. 8) )
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
mercalia wrote:

The ones I am referring to are with all the other non frozen food, chickens, pork chops beef etc

Thank you for the clarification that they are in the chilled section. Good to have clarity :D
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Mistik-ka wrote:I am bemused to see such condemnation of KFC emanating from a nation whose citizens are reputed to consume mushy peas at times when they are not facing the prospect of imminent death by starvation.

(Thinks — Cat. Pigeons. Let's see what happens if we put them together. 8) )

Now you've done it. Nothing wrong with mushy peas, as it happens - they are like, well, peas, only, well, mushier.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I wouldn't eat cats or pigeons mixed or utherwse,unless necessary :shock:
Mushy peas however YUM,YUM! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Paulatic wrote:
mercalia wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Is that stuff mechanically recovered? I looked at it the other week and assumed it must be at £1.99 a bucket.

And there you have the reason why. In the meat trade when anything isn’t looking it’s best fresh they coat or marinade it to hide the fact.

very true. you remember the 7 sisters meat scandal. well one fave chicken I used to like was lidls chinese coated. had that a few days a week for some time. wondered why I was gettng diarhoea so often, thought I had bowel cancer but that panned out negative. lidl stopped selling them when the scandal broke and bingo all ok: clealy these chinese chicken portions were coming from the 7 sisters plant and had been on the floor etc :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:... had that a few days a week for some time. wondered why I was gettng diarhoea so often
Sorry to hear about your 'trots' experience, but eating the same of any foodstuff so often is bad news. Especially a ready meal with god knows what additives (intentional or otherwise). "A few days a week" is not good. Were you so addicted to this particular meal that you were eating it to the exclusion of all else?

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but think "variation"!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

"Saturday night beneath the plastic palm trees
Dancing to the rhythm of the guns of navarone
I discovered heaven on the Seven Sisters Road"
(Leyton Buzzards)

Should have been used to advertise poultry products
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Kentucky Fried Porridge
It can't make porridge any worse.
Mick F. Cornwall
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

According to the Guardian DHL are at fault but not in the way people are expecting.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... gistration
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete wrote:
mercalia wrote:... had that a few days a week for some time. wondered why I was gettng diarhoea so often
Sorry to hear about your 'trots' experience, but eating the same of any foodstuff so often is bad news. Especially a ready meal with god knows what additives (intentional or otherwise). "A few days a week" is not good. Were you so addicted to this particular meal that you were eating it to the exclusion of all else?

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but think "variation"!

wasnt a ready meal just chicken coated with bread crumbs to be cooked. I was eating other items
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Redvee wrote:According to the Guardian DHL are at fault but not in the way people are expecting.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... gistration

You couldn't make that level of incompetence up...