Ant McPartlin arrested over drink-driving collision

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
leftpoole

Re: Ant McPartlin arrested over drink-driving collision

Post by leftpoole »

cyclemad wrote:WHAT A BUFFOON !!

No excuse..

Ant and Dec are a pair of Twerps

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

horizon wrote:Who is he? :?

Excellent response [emoji4]

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:Addiction is an illness. You can't attribute idiot or buffoon status to someone affected deeply by addiction IMHO. Rational thought isn't possible in the same way a sober individual capable of.

Indeed. I thought society had moved on generally in its understanding, but there may be individuals who have rather been left behind.[/quote

No societies don’t move on as long as Liberals exist! ☹️

reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

leftpoole wrote:IMO Ant and Dec are a pair of Twerps .

FIFY :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

leftpoole wrote:
horizon wrote:Who is he? :?

Excellent response [emoji4].

You both seem to miss the point.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

leftpoole wrote:No societies don’t move on as long as Liberals exist! ☹️.

Care to elaborate?
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

thirdcrank wrote:I saw something pointing out how much the ITV schedules depend on this duo, to the extent it could affect the company's share price: fewer viewers = less advertising revenue.

Disturbing how two "twerps" can have so much influence :wink:
W H Auden
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

We have a neighbour. known her 20 years. She was very glamorous. Good looking attractive woman. We shared many a social bottle of wine with her and her husband years ago. Beautiful home, both with good jobs. They always had barbecues in the summer with lots of drinking. We did not attend as heavy drinking is not our thing.
Now she is constantly up and down to the shops with bottles clinking in her big shoulder bag. She is seen at 7.30 in the morning drinking from wine bottles, hiding behind the shops. Been found collapsed in her own vomit and other stuff. She looks at least 15 years older than her true age. Thin as a stick and bent over. Now talks incoherently. Her husband is in denial. We have all tried to help but nothing works. As I'm typing this I hear her drop another bottle into the wheelie bin. She also hides empty bottles all over the area.
Addiction, disease? I don't know, but a terrible thing to see and experience. Plus one has to stand by, helpless. I don't think she is long for this world.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

reohn2 wrote:
thirdcrank wrote:I saw something pointing out how much the ITV schedules depend on this duo, to the extent it could affect the company's share price: fewer viewers = less advertising revenue.

I wonder if some of the posters on here would still have £30 million in assets left after the divorce proceedings of a 12 year marriage where you're the main breadwinner? If he's reached that stage then he's obviously got something about him. If he's done that despite being a twerp then it's even better.

Personally I think ppl that successful have a lot more about them. Intelligence, business skills, negotiation skills too. Good judgement to get booked to a good manager. There's probably a lot of decisions Ant and Dec took to become that wealthy, well known and popular on TV. Ambition to spare top I reckon. Not twerps IMHO. It's like they're their own MDs in their own business. A very successful business that if what thirdcrank posted is true then they've got influence in their business too.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Tangled Metal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

I wonder if some of the posters on here would still have £30 million in assets left after the divorce proceedings of a 12 year marriage where you're the main breadwinner? If he's reached that stage then he's obviously got something about him. If he's done that despite being a twerp then it's even better.

Personally I think ppl that successful have a lot more about them. Intelligence, business skills, negotiation skills too. Good judgement to get booked to a good manager. There's probably a lot of decisions Ant and Dec took to become that wealthy, well known and popular on TV. Ambition to spare top I reckon. Not twerps IMHO. It's like they're their own MDs in their own business. A very successful business that if what thirdcrank posted is true then they've got influence in their business too.

And I'm betting they didn't rob any pension schemes,gamble on the stock exchange with other peoples life savings,sell illegal drugs to vulnerable peoplle,pimp a string of eastern european prositutes or sexually assault and rape children to earn that money either.
It seems to me they are popular entertainers who people are willing to pay good money to watch and enjoy,whether you like them or not on the face of it they're a couple of benign twerps at worst
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

It's clear that they are very very good at what they do, whether one likes it or not.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Tangled Metal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

well they wont have their ashes buried in Westminster Abbey for sure
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

reohn2 wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Disturbing how two "twerps" can have so much influence :wink:

And I'm betting they didn't rob any pension schemes,gamble on the stock exchange with other peoples life savings,sell illegal drugs to vulnerable peoplle,pimp a string of eastern european prositutes or sexually assault and rape children to earn that money either.
It seems to me they are popular entertainers who people are willing to pay good money to watch and enjoy,whether you like them or not on the face of it they're a couple of benign twerps at worst

were they bring paid thru one of those private company/tax avoidance schemes that the BBC loves so much ( I know they are ITV ) and which HMRC is now going after? if so then dont be so quick to laud their praises?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:were they bring paid thru one of those private company/tax avoidance schemes that the BBC loves so much ( I know they are ITV ) and which HMRC is now going after? if so then dornt be so quick to laud their praises?

I've as much idea how they're paid as you,or if they've paid their tax bill in full or not,I was merely pointing that their work appears benign compared to some and brings pleasure to those who like it.
Perhaps it would better if you were not to make accusations without foundation.
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

reohn2 wrote:
mercalia wrote:were they bring paid thru one of those private company/tax avoidance schemes that the BBC loves so much ( I know they are ITV ) and which HMRC is now going after? if so then dornt be so quick to laud their praises?

I've as much idea how they're paid as you,or if they've paid their tax bill in full or not,I was merely pointing that their work appears benign compared to some and brings pleasure to those who like it.
Perhaps it would better if you were not to make accusations without foundation.

since when is a question an accusation? they are completly differnt grammatical items? the answer will determine if they are benign or not.