Corbyns Hat

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Corbyns Hat

Post by mercalia »

DO you think it has been doctored to look more Russian?

corbyn.JPG

Seems to me has been turned into a Cossack Hat rather than a cap?

cossack.JPG

and inserting the Moscow background.....bad form?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43463496

to say they hadnt photoshopped the hat is disingenuous as they added the backgound and increased the contrast and made the image darker so the hat details couldnt be made out :roll:
kwackers

Re: Corbyns Hat

Post by kwackers »

mercalia wrote: to say they hadnt photoshopped the hat is disingenuous as they added the backgound and increased the contrast and made the image darker so the hat details couldnt be made out :roll:

And the silhouette is different. The 'new' hat is taller, if it wasn't it would just look like a dark version of his original.
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

The the silhouette is the same, it's just been protected on to a curved screen and warped accordingly.

The contrast/loss of dark details is not uncommon with protectors either.

So no, I don't think they've done anything other than cut and pasted him on to the Soviet background.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

When you threaten the(failing and pathetic) establishment they usually kick back.
More power to kicking the establishement...... .......preferably up the arris :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Stevek76 wrote:The the silhouette is the same, it's just been protected on to a curved screen and warped accordingly.

The contrast/loss of dark details is not uncommon with protectors either.

So no, I don't think they've done anything other than cut and pasted him on to the Soviet background.

I disagree as this picture is a cut and paste of a Tory. They didn’t redden his skin did they?
D7D3F4F3-041B-40A0-B186-82EBC3AB7294.jpeg
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

Without the original to compare against I'm not sure how anyone could tell? However the contrast looks like it's been similarly increased with wash out in the dark and light areas.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

From what l can see (on a phone) the 'doctored' hat could be anything from the original to a woolly hat. So in fact it looks less 'Russian' or 'Soviet' than Corbyn's trademark cap which l think has a distinct 'Lenin look'.
Phileas

Post by Phileas »

Ben@Forest wrote:From what l can see (on a phone) the 'doctored' hat could be anything from the original to a woolly hat. So in fact it looks less 'Russian' or 'Soviet' than Corbyn's trademark cap which l think has a distinct 'Lenin look'.

Exactly my thoughts.

There's also possibly a contribution from the influence of background and the way visual perception works. Remember the arguments about the the famous blue/gold dress a couple of years ago?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I know nothing about Mr Corbyn's hat - Mrs P used to have a very similar hat, as I recall. No-one suggested any political connotations...

Anyway, here is my hat for discussion:
my_hat.jpg
my_hat.jpg (5.69 KiB) Viewed 466 times

Although the picture from which this comes is over ten years old, I still have that hat - and still wear it! Make of it what you will! If anyone is interested, the rather blurred logo on it is of a Baltimore Oriole (referring to the baseball team, not the bird). I know nothing about baseball, but the hat was given to me by my B-i-L who lives near Baltimore. Anyone whispering that my wearing this suggests an allegiance with a certain yellow-haired orange-skinned individual across the Pond, will be hearing from my lawyers... :lol: :twisted:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Super Mac.jpg

I don't remember any sinister implications when Supermac met Mt K
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Coz he was a goody,easily determined by the white v black hat scenario :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden