Pay to pee?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: Pay to pee?

Post by reohn2 »

Thornyone wrote:
reohn2 wrote:You mean in the way all cyclist RLJ,and cars(modern men)don't ? :roll:

Not really. I meant that whereas males seem for long to have had a reputation for distasteful or yobbish behaviour, many modern females now prove their equality by indulging in precisely the sort of (undesirable) behaviour which was once considered the preserve of the male, e.g getting disgustingly drunk, getting into brawls and, it would seem, public crapping.

I'll have to take your word for it as I haven't witnessed any of the above.
Though one does hear/read the occasional story in the media,I suspect the sort of people who indulge in that sort of behaviour are in the minority thankfully.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Thornyone wrote:
reohn2 wrote:A bulldog clip may help :shock:

BTW I only yesterday got the all clear for my Prostate biopsy :D

Bulldog clip for me or the bull- and other dogs? :lol: Good news re your biopsy, BTW. Unfortunately, I have probably inherited the likelihood of serious prostate enlargement. My father had a prostate “the size of a grapefruit” according to his urologist and had awful problems, and his dad had problems too.

A GRAPEFRUIT :shock:
W H Auden
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

reohn2 wrote:A GRAPEFRUIT :shock:

Yes, sounds like an exaggeration but unfortunately he got a totally obstructed urethra and spent the last 10 years of his life with a suprapubic catheter. I’m worried, because I haven’t got the amazing capacity to cope that he had.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Thornyone wrote:

Yes, sounds like an exaggeration but unfortunately he got a totally obstructed urethra and spent the last 10 years of his life with a suprapubic catheter. I’m worried, because I haven’t got the amazing capacity to cope that he had.

The husband of a friend of Mrs R2 has had his Prostate removed.
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Thornyone wrote:

Medicine has advanced a lot in recent decades, replacement hip joints for example used to deteriorate and have to be replaced after a few years, now they last decades
I bet there are many other examples
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Thornyone wrote:

Medicine has advanced a lot in recent decades,replacement hip joints for example used to deteriorate and have to be replaced after a few years, now they last decades

I hope so I only had mine replaced last May :)
W H Auden
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Medicine has advanced a lot in recent decades, replacement hip joints for example used to deteriorate and have to be replaced after a few years, now they last decades

Sadly, not really in some areas of medicine. My father only passed away 6 months ago, and his catheter was a remarkably primitive and frustrating contraption in many ways.
Mistik-ka

Post by Mistik-ka »

Given the prevalence of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) at 80–90% in men over the age of 80, I for one am looking forward to reaching the age at which I will probably develop the condition. (At 70, my risk is already 59% according to the U.S. National Library for Medicine.) My casual impression —with absolutely no statistical validity— from reviewing the medical histories of hundreds of patients in a Canadian hospital, suggests that Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) is extremely common here; I fully expect to need one at some point. It's a simple procedure and about as low-risk as surgery ever is. Pharmacological treatment has become increasingly common in the last couple of decades. The need for indwelling catheterization for BPH is exceedingly rare here. I can only recall seeing it in a couple of patients during my quarter century of hospital practice.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Thornyone wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Medicine has advanced a lot in recent decades, replacement hip joints for example used to deteriorate and have to be replaced after a few years, now they last decades

Sadly, not really in some areas of medicine. My father only passed away 6 months ago, and his catheter was a remarkably primitive and frustrating contraption in many ways.

Just struck me yet again, an old department store is being converted, several doctors will practice there with their expensive fancy machines
The monetization of medicine is a big problem, if something can be done with expensive machines €€€ it will be done, there is money, prestige, glamour in that

Some illnesses are not so glamourus Medicine? It's the ecaanamy, stupid!

Best thing you can do is to inform yourself, look on other fora, talk to other patients, you will soon be better informed than your gp
Maybe other therapies are used in other countries
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

After peeing one should wash ones hands
But there is often only one basin. Other customers hover around waiting for one to finish, I really hate that, I feel I am being observed, or they even try to shoulder in and use the basin before I am finished
I think basins should be in private cubicles too

I dislike peeing in a row with others too, that is disagreeable. I want to be alone!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote:After peeing one should wash ones hands
It depends on what you've touched!

If you do wash your hands and then leave the toilets, why do the doors open inwards?
What do you think is on the door handles? :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

At the Merry Hill shopping centre there are no entrance doors to the toilets, a dog leg entrance design!
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I dislike peeing in a row with others too, that is disagreeable. I want to be alone!

Doesn’t worry me, having been brought up to so do (standing in a row in junior school to see who could pee furthest over the wall: healthy open air school loos in that era :lol: ).
OTOH as one who has never felt comfy doing a number 2 in a public convenience, even a cubicle is rather too public IMHO. I was once in the loo at work when my boss emerged from a cubicle having just given a pretty good impression of a herd of cows on form. Rather embarrassing for me, though he seemed unfazed. Sorry, all this is no doubt TMI for some :oops:
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Mick F wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:After peeing one should wash ones hands
It depends on what you've touched!

If you do wash your hands and then leave the toilets, why do the doors open inwards?
What do you think is on the door handles? :lol:

On a recent cruise, they had tissues mounted by the door. You took a tissue, used it to open the door and then disposed of outside the loo
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »