The anti Corbyn Rant

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Vorpal

Re: The anti Corbyn Rant

Post by Vorpal »

mercalia wrote:it seems that the Board of Deputies of British Jews isnt as non partisan as they have been presented seeming to support Donald Trump
which has angered some under the umbrella of the organisation.

Donald Trump supports Isreal. He even recognise Jerusalem as the capital. Most of his other policies and opinions don't affect them, so why would they not support him?

I don't like Donald Trump, but it seems obvious to me.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

Vorpal wrote:
mercalia wrote:it seems that the Board of Deputies of British Jews isnt as non partisan as they have been presented seeming to support Donald Trump
which has angered some under the umbrella of the organisation.

Donald Trump supports Isreal. He even recognise Jerusalem as the capital. Most of his other policies and opinions donæt affect them, so why would they not support him?

I don't like Donald Trump, but it seems obvious to me.

The links that Corbyn has to anti-semites and holocaust deniers (you know the ones!); they don't seem to be stronger than those that Trump, Bannon, Rees Mogg and the Conservative Party have to anti-semites and holocaust deniers.

True, a lot of people on the Christian right support Israel, but some of that support is built on rather odd beliefs - beliefs that The Board of Deputies, and Jews in general, should be fearful of. The Jewish right and the Christian right seem to have become friends because they have the same enemies, but this awkward friendship leads them into all sorts of logical contortions. Perhaps we shouldn't worry about this - it's only political expediency - but it's a reason why some take these accusations against Corbyn , from some quarters, with a large pinch of salt.
gnvqsos

Post by gnvqsos »

I read that many Jews in parts of the world outside Europe did very little to help their fellow Jews whom were subjected to genocide.These Jews apparently condemned the Jews in Poland and elsewhere for their passivity and lack of resistance

Americans had access to reliable information about the Nazi regime’s persecution of Jews as it happened, but most could not imagine that a mass murder campaign was possible. Though most Americans sympathized with the plight of European Jews, assisting refugees and rescuing the victims of Nazism never became a national priority.

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.ph ... d=10005182
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

so the BBC rejects the criticism that the Corbyn picture in his lenin hat looked more like a russian fur one
cap.JPG

"The BBC’s complaints unit rejected this and ruled the main reason Corbyn’s cap looked more like a Soviet-style fur hat was that the image had been projected on to a large curved screen in the TV studio."

well thats just as bad as photoshopping? - the BBC are just incompetant then for not realising their display system distorted things, or maybe they knew and thought they could get away with it with the retort " we didnt photoshop it". Image manipulation is manipulation whether digital or mechanical?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/may/11/bbc-rejects-complaints-newsnight-corbyn-russian?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=274575&subid=7646217&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

I have had run-ins with them before - they wont admit any thing. BBC - British Bovine(excrement) Corporation
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

When you kick against the Establishment it either brands you mad or if you appear a serious enough threat to it and it can't dig any dirt or make any mud stick, it tries to brand you a communist in the most Russian(and therefore fearful) sense it can.
The Establishment in the form of rampant capitalism(is there any other form of Esablishment) is running scared because it's run out of ideas,people are seeing that.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

so now we see the true colours of someone in the Board of Deputies?

"Jeremy Corbyn holds “antisemitic views” which could drive Jewish people to leave Britain if he becomes prime minister, one of the UK’s most senior Jewish leaders has said.

Jonathan Arkush, the outgoing president of the board of deputies, said Corbyn “has views which are antisemitic, and he has problematic views”."

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/may/30/jeremy-corbyns-views-could-drive-jewish-people-from-uk-leader?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=276620&subid=7646217&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

I have had my suspicions that all is not is right there, that its outpourings are not to be trusted
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:so now we see the true colours of someone in the Board of Deputies?

"Jeremy Corbyn holds “antisemitic views” which could drive Jewish people to leave Britain if he becomes prime minister, one of the UK’s most senior Jewish leaders has said.

Jonathan Arkush, the outgoing president of the board of deputies, said Corbyn “has views which are antisemitic, and he has problematic views”."

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/may/30/jeremy-corbyns-views-could-drive-jewish-people-from-uk-leader?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=276620&subid=7646217&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

I have had my suspicions that all is not is right there, that its outpourings are not to be trusted

Well at least he's leaving this week.
Anyone with half a brain knows what's going on,the failing Tory government are mustering support from anywhere they can.
I've posted elsewhere that when cornered and their policies show up their contempt for their office they always resort to personal attack.
It's a pack of lies as per usual
W H Auden
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Vorpal wrote:
bikepacker wrote:I thought you would have to come in with blaming the establishment or the capitalists. You are so predictable and often wrong.

If you prefer, I can do it ;)

Let me! Let me!! I can rant for hours or even days concerning the Tory wassock, the doublespeak meaning of "Conservative" and the origins and memeplexes that boiled up neoliberalism.

Would anyone care to commission a small essay? (Well, not so much a small one as a 100 page drone). :-)

Cugel, a real conservative (small "c") of the Oakeshottian variety (plus a bit o' Burke).
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

Cugel wrote:Cugel, a real conservative (small "c") of the Oakeshottian variety (plus a bit o' Burke).

Is that Isabel Oakeshott? You might well describe her as a berk.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

bovlomov wrote:
Cugel wrote:Cugel, a real conservative (small "c") of the Oakeshottian variety (plus a bit o' Burke).

Berckess to be politically correct :wink:
W H Auden
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

reohn2 wrote:
bovlomov wrote:

I think 'berk' might be an equal opportunities term.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

bovlomov wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
bovlomov wrote:Is that Isabel Oakeshott? You might well describe her as a berk.

I think 'berk' might be an equal opportunities term.

I take your point :)
W H Auden
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

bovlomov wrote:

Who she? No, Michael Oakeshott.

http://www.michael-oakeshott-associatio ... oakeshott/

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cugel
Sorry,as you were.
Never heard of the chap in question.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cugel
Sorry,as you were.
Never heard of the chap in question :oops: .
W H Auden