Boris Johnson caught lying ? ( yet again ? )

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mike Sales

Boris Johnson caught lying ? ( yet again ? )

Post by Mike Sales »

Boris has been caught out again claiming Porton Down had evidence the Novichok was from Russia. Now we learn this is "exaggerated" as Corbyn charitably put it.
Boris has been sacked twice for lying, and caught out in other lies.
His £350m per week for the NHS was disproved by the UK Statistics Authority and then by Sir David Norgrove.
Why does anyone take what he says seriously any more?
His lies and casual insults make him unfit fot office.
He should stick to HIGNFY where his clowning belongs.

All this and more in this link.
https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/times-boris-johnson-flat-lied/
Last edited by Graham on 26 Apr 2018, 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: A slightly less emotional title.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Bonefishblues

Re: Blond buffoon caught lying yet again.

Post by Bonefishblues »

Mike Sales wrote:Boris has been caught out again claiming Porton Down had evidence the Novichok was from Russia. Now we learn this is "exaggerated" as Corbyn charitably put it.
Boris has been sacked twice for lying, and caught out in other lies.
His £350m per week for the NHS was disproved by the UK Statistics Authority and then by Sir David Norgrove.
His lies and casual insults make him unfit fot office.
He should stick to HIGNFY where his clowning belongs.

All this and more in this link.
https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/times-boris-johnson-flat-lied/

It was, wasn't it, but no-one can say how it got to Salisbury and onto the victims?
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I think it was from Russia too, and so does nearly everyone else who doesn't have a Russian passport, but Porton Down have now said that they cannot prove where the evil stuff was made.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

What's troubled me throughout this case is the way the government accused Russia practically from the outset,without the proof to back it up.
I'd be the first to admit that the evidence seems to point in Russia's direction,but I live in a land that supposedly has a rule of law that someone(even a country(?)) is innoccent until proven guilty and it's the judicial system that decides that.
Until the case is proven the government should resist the temptation and persue diplomatic avenues whilst the case is investigated.

As For BoJo's lies,he's noted for them,along with perhaps the worst track record of a foreign secretary in modern times.
How he's still in the job amazes me,I can only think he's the best MP the Tory party has to offer,if so that fact concerns me even more :? .

BTW If anyone accuses me of siding with Russia or it's grubby gangster dictator,you're so predictably wrong :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mike Sales wrote:.....

I doubt they do. He is crucial to May staying in-charge and thus can do what he wants as long as he does not jeopardise May's hold on power (e.g. not to campaign to become leader too obviously).

Ian
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Reminds me of Arnie Schwarzenegger and the Forest Fires

Shortly after he was elected Governor there were Forest Fires destroying property

There were lots of voters expressing their disappointment that he was not out there fighting the fires and saving their homes.

The idea was that Arnie the Hero was what they had voted for and he was now failing them

This is the same, Politicians don't come up with h these ideas and claims themselves, there are hundreds of "experts", "advisors" and others who feed them advice that they act upon

It is no different than the advisors who told Corbyn that supporting the protest against an anti-semitic mural was a good idea, or the advisors who convinced Bliar about the 45 minutes claims
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cunobelin wrote:......This is the same, Politicians don't come up with h these ideas and claims themselves, there are hundreds of "experts", "advisors" and others who feed them advice that they act upon.......

But BoJo has been caught out in a direct lie and not for the first time,he's a serial liar with not even a hint of embaressment about it.

I'm trying to to stick to the thread's main subject.
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Mike Sales wrote:I think it was from Russia too, and so does nearly everyone else who doesn't have a Russian passport, but Porton Down have now said that they cannot prove where the evil stuff was made.

I suppose they have checked his bin just in case they put the bottle in there?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:....I suppose they have checked his bin just in case they put the bottle in there?

Nah,it'll be in next door's bin,not daft these Ruskis

Or did you mean BoJo's bin?
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:....I suppose they have checked his bin just in case they put the bottle in there?

There's a thought...
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Bonefishblues wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

There's a thought...

Perhaps the best thing for him: leave him alone in a locked room for half an hour, with a glass, a bottle of vodka, and a small bottle of - whatever it is - labelled "made in Russia". And let him 'do the decent thing' and take a swig from each bottle....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Correct me if I'm wrong but the British position today it's from Russia is based on sources other than Porton Down tests. They were only going to identify the chemical and that it's of such a high grade / military standard that the likelihood is sufficiently b high to state it came from a state actor.

It is not particularly relevant that PD could not categorically prove it was Russian made. Also it's never going to be tested in a criminal court. The evidence doesn't need to be presented and indeed such a trial could never happen without the sacrifice of intelligence capabilities.

So this all gives the Russians (and their bots) an easy time to discredit the accusation. Whether you believe it or not it's your choice. Truth is never open to the likes of us. So it's down to your personal opinion whether you believe it to be a Russian attack on a former spy on UK territory.

I would bet political leanings play into this opinion and Boris certainly helps those leanings come into play. Heck! I'm a tory and I think he's a dangerous buffoon (not an idiot, I can easily believe he's highly intelligent) who should not be in any position of power or near the levers of power.

As to my views? Well if countries around the world are expelling Russian diplomats over this then there's likely to be something behind the accusations.

IMHO there could be two or three possible explanations for other states taking those actions. First there's enough information being provided to those governments for them to conclude it was the Russians and they should act. The UK government are supremely competent at diplomacy such that they can convince other governments to take that actions. Or these governments have enough evidence to conclude that Russia has been acting against their national interests and this attack is as good a reason to hit back at them as anything else. I do not think the second option is credible but the first option is the one I think is most likely but with the third one playing a factor.

As to Boris lying? Well he throws out these exaggerations a lot. They're his style of presentation. Whether he's lying outright or over exaggerating claims is your opinion. I just think that I don't listen to what he says so the question is irrelevant to me. If he ever becomes leader of the tory party I'll vote Labour. Simple truth is (as a tory voter) Boris is someone I do not trust, listen to or could vote for. He is one of two people who are prominent within the tory party who if they every became leader of the tory party would turn me into a Corbyn supporter / voter.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

PS I don't agree with the idea that he should commit suicide though. As much as I dislike him with a passion, I still feel it wrong to want someone to be dead.
pwa

Post by pwa »

I do feel that you lot are being very disrespectful to our glorious Foreign Secretary.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Tangled Metal wrote:PS I don't agree with the idea that he should commit suicide though. As much as I dislike him with a passion, I still feel it wrong to want someone to be dead.
In my earlier post I was being flippant - as I'm sure you realise! For a politician, 'political suicide' means putting oneself in such a position that they have no other option than to 'spend more time with their family'. He should resign.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).