Tracey Emin

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: Tracey Emin

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
mercalia wrote: .........both are anti-art?.....

Define what is and isn't "art"

its like being in love - you know it when you see it.

I'd have to disagree with you on that in that you don't have like it or love it for it to be art
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I don't know much and I don't know much about the artist, really BUT, if you type her name and look at some of her stuff.............it surprised me that its far worse than I thought it was :shock:

If that's art and forget she has a queens honour then I am really thick and no wonder I am poor.....................
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Modern "art" was exposed as a sham by my grammar school art teacher in about 1967. We were building arty structures from tubes made from rolled newspaper. Having no interest I simply built it until it fell over, then added tubes until it fell over in another direction - repeat. The teacher praised my result apparently finding something "artistic" in it. Needless to say, I made my career in electronics and avionics engineering.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

tatanab wrote:Modern "art" was exposed as a sham by my grammar school art teacher in about 1967. We were building arty structures from tubes made from rolled newspaper. Having no interest I simply built it until it fell over, then added tubes until it fell over in another direction - repeat. The teacher praised my result apparently finding something "artistic" in it. Needless to say, I made my career in electronics and avionics engineering.

In something useful? :wink:
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
I don't know much and I don't know much about the artist, really BUT, if you type her name and look at some of her stuff.............it surprised me that its far worse than I thought it was :shock:

If that's art and forget she has a queens honour then I am really thick and no wonder I am poor.....................

I think what I do disagree with,is the funding individual artists get to further their 'careers'.
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

given a forewarning was given long time ago about this type of "art". Her and her ilk havent learnt anything?
Magritte?
pipe.JPG
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I'm going for a wee.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I'm going for a wee.

Where?
Do you plan on making patterns in the snow?
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I thought I'd go in this one, just for proverbials and giggles:

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/duc ... ain-t07573
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:I thought I'd go in this one, just for proverbials and giggles:

Which way's up? :?
Last edited by reohn2 on 14 Apr 2018, 12:40am, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:I thought I'd go in this one, just for proverbials and giggles:

" Tate’s work is a 1964 replica and is made from glazed earthenware painted to resemble the original porcelain."

seems like Duchamps was taking the p in entering the original and the Tate has fallen for it hook line and flush chain :lol:

those clever dicks at the Tate and in the art world dont know when their flush chain is being pulled.

there are lots of idiomatic and vulgar expressions that come to mind..but they dont live in that sort of world :lol: they are incapable of wearing more than one hat at once?
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:

" Tate’s work is a 1964 replica and is made from glazed earthenware painted to resemble the original porcelain."

seems like Duchamps was taking the p in entering the original and the Tate has fallen for it hook line and flush chain :lol:

those clever dicks at the Tate and in the art world dont know when their flush chain is being pulled.

there are lots of idiomatic and vulgar expressions that come to mind..but they dont live in that sort of world :lol: they are incapable of wearing more than one hat at once?

PMSL as they say.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:PMSL as they say.

You could've waited.
Now it's not all gone down the tubes..........(prostate)... .. .. . . . . .. .
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Here is another "work of art" Spencer Tunick
spence.JPG

"Tunick's philosophy is that "individuals en masse, without their clothing, grouped together, metamorphose into a new shape. The bodies extend into and upon the landscape like a substance. These grouped masses which do not underscore sexuality become abstractions that challenge or reconfigure one's views of nudity and privacy" :roll:

looks to me just load of blue and purple dudes & gals
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:Here is another "work of art" Spencer Tunick
spence.JPG

"Tunick's philosophy is that "individuals en masse, without their clothing, grouped together, metamorphose into a new shape. The bodies extend into and upon the landscape like a substance. These grouped masses which do not underscore sexuality become abstractions that challenge or reconfigure one's views of nudity and privacy" :roll:

looks to me just load of blue and purple dudes & gals

Go on, 'fess up, which one's you?