Cycling is too quick

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
lbomaak2

Cycling is too quick

Post by lbomaak2 »

Did others hear Alexei Sayle on BBC Radio 4 "Broadcasting House" programme this morning? He came up with an excuse for not cycling which Cycling UK's PR people may have some difficulty dealing with. He said that he used to be a keen cyclist, but the problem is that cycling gets you to your destination too quickly :o . [He was talking about the joys of a slower form of transport: buses.]
mercalia

Re: Cycling is too quick

Post by mercalia »

hmm I think he is reverse rationlising looking like this? excusing himself from doing any exercise :lol:
sale.JPG
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Did he not used to be a cycling advocate?

I love walking, indeed I occasionally walk into town because cycling is too quick and for a change and to get more exercise (4 km), walking is better than cycling maybe if one has lots of calls to make

Guess he was right, sort of :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Cyril Haearn wrote: ....

I love walking, indeed I occasionally walk into town because cycling is too quick and for a change and to get more exercise (4 km), walking is better than cycling maybe if one has lots of calls to make. .....

Each day I am walked by the collies - they insist! Also, I have enormous shoulders through ball & stick-hoying. They do let me out on the bike (141 miles this week) but give me a sour look when I go and lead me to the "compensatory dawg treats & munchies" cupboard on my return.

My wife insists also that I accompany her to the gym, where I must see-orf the flabbers by waving lumps of metal about in a haphazard way. Sometimes she makes me go "wild swimming" with her. to make sure the weed monster doesn't drag her down to Jenny Greenteeth for lunch.

All these things are necessary or I would otherwise be indistinguishable from that bloke in the picksher. I fear for his chair!

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes