New Royal Baby

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Psamathe

New Royal Baby

Post by Psamathe »

Reported:
https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2018/04/23/royal-baby-has-already-earned-more-than-you/ wrote:Royal baby has already earned more than you
The new prince, who was born at St Mary’s Hospital, London, at 11:01, weighing 8lb 7oz, is already worth more than his equivalent weight in gold bullion, which currently stands at £949.76 an ounce.

Kensington Palace said the Duchess of Cambridge and her son, who is yet to be given vast swathes of land and titles, are “settled comfortably and are wealthier than your wildest plebian dreams”.
Just before 18:00 Prince William and Catherine came out of the hospital briefly to show their son to the crowd, whispering “They’ll all belong to you one day”.

Ian
Mike Sales

Re: New Royal Baby

Post by Mike Sales »

Psamathe wrote:...
Just before 18:00 Prince William and Catherine came out of the hospital briefly to show their son to the crowd, whispering “They’ll all belong to you one day”.

Ian[/quote]

The traditional greeting to a new sprog born to the citizens Windsor from the great incorruptible Dennis Skinner was,

"Another bloody mouth to feed."
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Has it got a name yet?
What about Psamathe or Cyril Haearn or mercalia or landsurfer or thirdcrank or Vorpal or hondated or Sweep or ambodach or pastychomper &c &c
I understand royal babies need several names :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Psamathe wrote:Reported:
https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2018/04/23/royal-baby-has-already-earned-more-than-you/ wrote:Royal baby has already earned more than you
The new prince, who was born at St Mary’s Hospital, London, at 11:01, weighing 8lb 7oz, is already worth more than his equivalent weight in gold bullion, which currently stands at £949.76 an ounce.

Kensington Palace said the Duchess of Cambridge and her son, who is yet to be given vast swathes of land and titles, are “settled comfortably and are wealthier than your wildest plebian dreams”.

Ian

ouch some one dont like the "royals" who does?

I am not a number, I am a freeman, a citizen

[youtube]M7Cs-VIDKSY[/youtube]
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I used to be strongly against them but I have mellowed with age :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Always been mildly in favour of monarchy as the permanent personification of the nation.

The icing on the cake shouldn't start thinking it's the nourishing bit, though.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Has it got a name yet? ...

Whatever anybody thinks about royalty etc, he is a human being.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Mike Sales wrote:The traditional greeting to a new sprog born to the citizens Windsor from the great incorruptible Dennis Skinner was, "Another bloody mouth to feed."
Spot on, and a poor example to all & sundry.

"Overpopulation is your baby" :evil:
"42"
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well hopefully he will be one of the first to have to earn his own living, by the time he is grown up all this monarchy rubbish will be history. ( Charley Boy will see to that with his quips off the old block)
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

squeaker wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:The traditional greeting to a new sprog born to the citizens Windsor from the great incorruptible Dennis Skinner was, "Another bloody mouth to feed."
Spot on, and a poor example to all & sundry.

"Overpopulation is your baby" :evil:

I think Skinner meant that the Windsors are idle parasites.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

Many many years ago I used to meet and talk to a grizzled old Labour stalwart at meetings I went to (pit tip restoration). He was absolutely scathing about Skinner and his brothers who I believe still had Labour posts somewhere doing something. The word 'nepotism' was on the old veteran's lips.

I know nothing about Skinner's brothers (tho the below photo is from an article revealing they were Labour councillors in the 1970s) but it makes you wonder if Skinner's family has benefited from family associations....

https://municipaldreams.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/dennis-with-his-mum-dad-and-brothers-graham-david-and-gary-in-1974-daily-mirror.jpg
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

I saw TV footage of people camped outside waiting for news of the birth, Bonkers!!!
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Ben@Forest wrote:I know nothing about Skinner's brothers (tho the below photo is from an article revealing they were Labour councillors in the 1970s) but it makes you wonder if Skinner's family has benefited from family associations....

https://municipaldreams.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/dennis-with-his-mum-dad-and-brothers-graham-david-and-gary-in-1974-daily-mirror.jpg

Lovely: even got the flying ducks over the mantlepiece :roll: Why did our parents ever think they were a good idea :shock: :lol:
"42"
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

francovendee wrote:I saw TV footage of people camped outside waiting for news of the birth, Bonkers!!!

Quite!
It always surprises me how people will do such things,similarly the adoration of celebs and pop singers,I find these people are completely nuts and need to get a worthwhile life outlook.

As for the baby and family I hope they're healthy and happy,I'm sure they'll want for nothing,unlike families at the other end of the economic scale.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Has it got a name yet?....

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2018/04/25/new-royal-baby-to-be-called-diana-and-raised-as-a-girl/ wrote:New royal baby to be called DIANA and raised as a GIRL
“Calling him Diana would potentially pacify the sort of frothing, right-wing bigots who are currently outraged that we are allowing Her Majesty’s grandson to marry a woman of mixed ethnicity. Whilst they will no doubt quibble over the fact that ‘she’ is actually a ‘he’, we know from experience that the words ‘Princess Diana’ have an almost hypnotic effect on these cretins ...

“Those on the Left, on the other hand, will either be impressed by our attempts to appear progressive or too scared to criticise us in future in case they are labelled transphobic.
The proposal has received a mixed response from the public, with some embracing the idea of a transgender princess and others thoroughly confused about what toilets she would use if she went to their child’s school.

Ian