Royal Wedding, Good News alternative.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
hondated

Royal Wedding, Good News alternative.

Post by hondated »

I am sure its going to be a wonderful day for the couple and for those interested in watching it, one of those being my wife. But if like me its not your thing then there is a great alternative to watch.
And it is the North West 200 motorcycle racing taking place in Northern Ireland. Its on BBC NI and starts at 10am on line. If you cannot get it then I understand it will be on the BBC Red button from 2pm.
Alternatively its going to be a great day for cycling or motorcycling as the roads should be traffic free.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Royal Wedding, Good News alternative.

Post by Mick F »

Mayfest in Callington Town, Cornwall.
https://callingtonmayfest.weebly.com

The date has been set for generations as the third Saturday in May.
It was booked way before He and She were even born.
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Its the Monte Zoncolan tomorrow. Ride in the morning then watching this. :mrgreen:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
hondated

Post by hondated »

Good suggestion rjb just watched hi lights but also recorded it so I now its going to be worth watching the whole race.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Mick F wrote:Mayfest in Callington Town, Cornwall.
https://callingtonmayfest.weebly.com

The date has been set for generations as the third Saturday in May.
It was booked way before He and She were even born.

Mayfest? That's what our annual cycling get together is called.
We've been doing it since 2001 and thought we were unique.
Can we copyright our name :D

fausto (and friends).

And just got back after 8 days away (without telly).....has there been a wedding then?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

There seem to be a lot of "accidental" deaths in motorcycle racing, on the IoM for example, I think one has to take great risks to win
Is it worth it, even when it is done on closed circuits and non-participants are not endangered? Is it worth it?

Hope to learn a bit, hope this can be kept separate from discussions about danger, motor crime etc when cycling
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

At least those risks are being taken by the participants, knowing that they are risks and understanding the consequences. IoM excluded most circuits have pretty good protection for marshalls and spectators - so the risk is basically contained.

Is it worth it? Ask them... they think it is...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.