Isle Of Man TT.......ITV4

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
hondated

Re: Isle Of Man TT.......ITV4

Post by hondated »

Tiberius wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Yep. Am sorely tempted to buy this - managing to resist so far.

https://wesellclassicbikes.co.uk/parts-and-projects/534

It needs painting......I'm thinking 'Slippery Sam'.....I'm sure you know what I mean.... :)

Yes definitely Slippery Sam material. Unless they wanted silly money for it and I had the funds I would of snapped it up.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

hondated wrote:
Tiberius wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Yep. Am sorely tempted to buy this - managing to resist so far.

https://wesellclassicbikes.co.uk/parts-and-projects/534

It needs painting......I'm thinking 'Slippery Sam'.....I'm sure you know what I mean.... :)

Yes definitely Slippery Sam material. Unless they wanted silly money for it and I had the funds I would of snapped it up.

It's a Les Williams built Slippery Sam replica. Not expensive either under £9,000 - that's why it's so bloody tempting.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
T150?
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
T150?

Yes - the real Sam was aT150 too.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Had a chance to buy one for two K many years ago :(
The beginning of the end-
http://www.classic-british-motorcycles. ... ket-3.html
Attachments
69BSA-Rocket3-L1.jpg
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

William Dunlop killed yesterday practice racing :(
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44754057

risky occupation, road racing on modern motorbikes...

Second kid on the way too.... what a grim business.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hondated

Post by hondated »

Brucey wrote:
William Dunlop killed yesterday practice racing :(
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44754057

risky occupation, road racing on modern motorbikes...

Second kid on the way too.... what a grim business.

Brucey your not wrong but as you probably know its just in their blood almost like a drug. Its just an accepted risk they take and I may be wrong but even though their loved ones have been killed their family always want the racing to continue.
Even at a lesser level if we come off our own bikes and for that matter bicycles most of us cannot wait to get back on it.
hondated

Post by hondated »

pete75 wrote:
hondated wrote:
Tiberius wrote:

It's a Les Williams built Slippery Sam replica. Not expensive either under £9,000 - that's why it's so bloody tempting.

Thats a fair price Pete and a good investment.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

hondated wrote:[

It certainly seems so. Only thing is I've just bought this 1956 Royal Enfield Bullet trials. Couldn't resist it at just over £2,000. Came with full documentation including receipts and the new parts for the restoration cost a lot more than the asking price. ALl teh work was very well done.

barrym

Post by barrym »

Wow! That's beautiful. Some compare the originals with the Indian ones. There is no comparison. These were lovingly made by British craftsmen in Redditch. All sorts of hand-finished quality differences.

Lovely.

Edit. Should add, I had a road going 350 bullet back in the 60s. Bought for a fiver, swapped for a Rolling Stones album! They (British bikes) had such a high perceived value back then. If only we had known[emoji19]
--
Cheers
Barry
pete75

Post by pete75 »

barrym wrote:Lovely.

Yes it is rather.... Am quite pleased with it :D Which album did you get for your Enfield?

barrym

Post by barrym »

I'm pretty sure it was 'Get yer ya ya's out!'.

Also to complete the story, I have had a number of Indian Enfield's in more recent years, including a trials one, similar to yours visually, but engine-wise no comparison.
--
Cheers
Barry
hondated

Post by hondated »

pete75 wrote:
hondated wrote:[

It certainly seems so. Only thing is I've just bought this 1956 Royal Enfield Bullet trials. Couldn't resist it at just over £2,000. Came with full documentation including receipts and the new parts for the restoration cost a lot more than the asking price. ALl teh work was very well done.

Very nice Pete. I just love Trials bikes as well. Sammy Miller use to make a smashing Tiger Cub Trials.
If you ever fancy a ride over to the 1066 café Robertsbridge let me know and I will meet you there.
hondated

Post by hondated »

barrym wrote:Wow! That's beautiful. Some compare the originals with the Indian ones. There is no comparison. These were lovingly made by British craftsmen in Redditch. All sorts of hand-finished quality differences.

Lovely.

Edit. Should add, I had a road going 350 bullet back in the 60s. Bought for a fiver, swapped for a Rolling Stones album! They (British bikes) had such a high perceived value back then. If only we had known[emoji19]

Funny thing is Barry back then they weren't considered to be "cool" so you could pick them up cheaply. My mate had and in fact still has a Constellation which he turned into a Café Racer. Only Email him these days but I think he has put it back to standard now.
Can you remember finding bikes over the woods minus their engines which you could roll down hills ! Or was it just me as I lived on a large council estate !
barrym

Post by barrym »

Yeah, old Brit bikes were everywhere and worth nothing. Today they are nowhere to be found and worth a mint. If only I'd known then......

Ah well.
--
Cheers
Barry