Have Evans Dropped Garmin?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Psamathe

Re: Have Evans Dropped Garmin?

Post by Psamathe »

Happened to be passing a cycle shop this morning and they had a demo Garmin 820 on display (running/powered) and it was quite horrible. Tap the screen and you don't know if it registered as nothing happens, wait a bit and eventually it responds or tap again and it registers two taps and does whatever it was twice! But then sometimes it does respond promptly so you don't get used to taps that suffer a long delay. etc., etc.

Elemnt now ordered.

Ian
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I looked at the Montana a few years ago to use for walking but I thought it was too heavy and big so I bought a GSMAP62 which has been okay. These models with Bluetooth don't seen to work properly but Garmin sell them and issue updates when you've bought them.
Thanks for the photo of your pint Mick F, bet it's great being retired?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

philvantwo wrote:Thanks for the photo of your pint Mick F, bet it's great being retired?
Yes, it's great!
Highly recommended.

When I was working, cycling was a commute thing, plus every now and again I'd be off on a jaunt somewhere. Cycling has always been a part of my life and my first JOGLE was when I was still in the RN.

I was on a long course at HMS Collingwood once - in fact I was there many times in my career. It's near Fareham in Hampshire, and one Saturday I rode to Brighton and back for lunch at a pub on the seafront, and a beer or three. That's going back to the early 1980s, and 50miles each way too. I was back at Collingwood in time for the evening meal.

From what I remember, I did that trip a couple of times. Nice ride on the Old A27.
Mick F. Cornwall