Who should we be boycotting?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
irc

Re: Who should we be boycotting?

Postby irc » 24 Aug 2019, 5:04pm

Oldjohnw wrote:
philvantwo wrote:If you use table service you get an receipt emailed to you. You can request a receipt at the bar if that's your sort of thing though!

A number of retailers want to email receipts now (Mountain Warehouse, WH Smith for example). I don't see why I should share my email address and be inundated with special offers.

Argos ask if I wish an e-mail receipt. For expensive items I say yes. A check of my e-mail shows zero Argos spam and a list of receipts and order confirmations. If any of the expensive items prove faulty I can get the receipt easily without needing to file paper receipts. Seems an advantage to me.

Is e-mail spam really still a big issue anymore? Dealing with reputable companies there is a choice of whether you want marketing e-mails and unsubscribing is easy.

philvantwo

Postby philvantwo » 24 Aug 2019, 5:25pm

Yes for big value items always get a receipt but for a £2.19 pint of Abbot ale I couldn't be bothered.
I check my current account most days on my phone and I keep my bank statements for a couple of years.I know to the nearest pound how much I've got. What's the point of writing everything down.....one day it'll all be thrown away!! Chucker outer me, I can't be doing with collecting tat!
[color=#FF0000][/color]

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 24 Aug 2019, 5:59pm

irc wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
philvantwo wrote:If you use table service you get an receipt emailed to you. You can request a receipt at the bar if that's your sort of thing though!

A number of retailers want to email receipts now (Mountain Warehouse, WH Smith for example). I don't see why I should share my email address and be inundated with special offers.

Argos ask if I wish an e-mail receipt. For expensive items I say yes. A check of my e-mail shows zero Argos spam and a list of receipts and order confirmations. If any of the expensive items prove faulty I can get the receipt easily without needing to file paper receipts. Seems an advantage to me.

Is e-mail spam really still a big issue anymore? Dealing with reputable companies there is a choice of whether you want marketing e-mails and unsubscribing is easy.

I agree - I used to have reams of paper receipts in files. What a pain. Now it's in gmail and easily searchable, even if I haven't bothered to tag it in a Folder.

pete75

Postby pete75 » 25 Aug 2019, 12:09am

Bonefishblues wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Sir G speaks plainly, sometimes too plainly, but he's not far of t'truth when he says that to be able to score runs you have to be in a state called 'in' :lol:

R2 is a Lancastrian Expat. :wink:

EFA :D

I don't mind you quoting me but please don't alter what I said.

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 25 Aug 2019, 6:19am

pete75 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
pete75 wrote:R2 is a Lancastrian Expat. :wink:

EFA :D

Were you really offended by that piece of light-heartedness?

pete75

Postby pete75 » 25 Aug 2019, 10:33am

Bonefishblues wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:EFA :D

Were you really offended by that piece of light-heartedness?

Not really I just think that if you quote someone you shouldn't alter what they say, particularly when the alteration is factually incorrect.