Brittany - any specialities of the region that make good gifts?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Tangled Metal

Re: Brittany - any specialities of the region that make good gifts?

Post by Tangled Metal »

Ooooh! Rollers! I forgot about that. Oh lunch of bread and rilletes. Forget about cholesterol the flavour is worth dying a few years earlier for.
pwa

Post by pwa »

It has been a long time since I last did it, but I used to collect especially attractive pebbles from locations i visited and give them as gifts on returning home. They have to be attractive to be worth giving, with flashes of mica or hints of fossils or something like that. And instead of giving something from a place, you actually give a bit of the place itself. "Here is a bit of Brittany I collected on my travels..." I remember giving a keen cyclist a pebble collected on the Col del la Croix de Fer.
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

pwa wrote:It has been a long time since I last did it, but I used to collect especially attractive pebbles from locations i visited and give them as gifts on returning home. They have to be attractive to be worth giving, with flashes of mica or hints of fossils or something like that. And instead of giving something from a place, you actually give a bit of the place itself.

And this was reviewed in the ST last week:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/review-the-pebbles-on-the-beach-a-spotters-guide-by-clarence-ellis-discover-treasure-at-the-seaside-k7bbmx35x

Gets a good review - though you'll have to enter some details and be pestered by The Times to read it.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

The Grauniad reviewed it too
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies