Nope to the Pope?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is the Papal visit to Eire a good thing?

Poll ended at 28 Oct 2018, 2:38pm

Yes, he is reforming the church, +1!
No votes
Yes, he is welcome
10%
Yes, but he needs to apologize
No votes
Don't know
No votes
No opinion or interest
48%
He should visit the UK too
5%
He should visit anonymously
No votes
Nope to the Pope!
38%

Total votes: 21

Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Nope to the Pope?

Post by Mick F »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:Non-observant Jewish male here. I have no interest or opinion as regards the Pontiff, but given the choice I'd far rather he popped in for tea than Jeremy Corbyn.
Opposite way round for me, but it would be interesting to have both round.

Personally, I'd rather the venue be down the pub. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mick F wrote:
Lance Dopestrong wrote:Non-observant Jewish male here. I have no interest or opinion as regards the Pontiff, but given the choice I'd far rather he popped in for tea than Jeremy Corbyn.
Opposite way round for me, but it would be interesting to have both round.

Personally, I'd rather the venue be down the pub. :D

Corbyn and Franzirkus together maybe, have you got communion wine in stock?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Ditto. But in my case I'd rather have Brother Corbyn to tea, than Señor Bergoglio (aka Pope Francis) - seeing as I'd have hardly anything useful I could say to the latter.

But with Jeremy I could at least plead with him to ditch his obstinacy over Brex**it (are we allowed to mention that word off the "B means B" thread?) and listen to what the majority of his supporters want.... As regards antisemitism, I wish the subject wouldn't flare up so often. I have absolute respect for his stance on Palestine, even if I don't agree on every point. Yet the antisemitism-deniers in the party are simply tiresome. Let's just accept that it exists, and get on with things...

As to Francis: I think the skeletons which he needs to exhume are more damaging. Good luck with his efforts...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).