Visitors

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cunobelin

Re: Visitors

Post by Cunobelin »

A couple off summers ago, we had sparrows nesting in the garden, and my wife had watched the eggs hatch and the chicks develop into fledglings.

We went out for a walk one morning and we were sat in the garden eating lunch whilst I dowloaded the pictures I had taken, which was fortunate because we had a visitor and I was able to get a couple of pictures.

Unfortunately SWMBO was less impressed as the bits in they bottom left and hanging from the lower beak are the remains of one of the fledglings
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

a problem.

How do you tell one squirrel from another - To me they all look the same size and look the same grey etc

Other than one ( I hope ) keeps on tying to get to my bird feeders I cant tell - that one I would like to get a water pistol to give it drenching but only that one. One I have been able to tell from the others as it has some bald patches where it has scratched mites out but they are growing back so will soon look like the rest. This one seem docile enough. They do seem to differ in courage, one seems to be very scared to come to where I put out some sun flowers seeds, hugs the ground sought of.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

so I see that Wolves have made their way to Holand

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47838162
I hope we dont get them here? Unikely?
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

Is this the time to point out that great squirrels are vermin? I must shoot a few dozen a year :lol:
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:Is this the time to point out that great squirrels are vermin? I must shoot a few dozen a year :lol:

well it seems that the Grey Squirrels in my neck of the woods are becoming Red Squirrels as they seem to be developing large amounts of ginger colouring to their fur and in their tails
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

one of mine

squirrel with cream cracker
squirrel with cream cracker
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

I could post up a photo from another Forum I use with a better image of a Grey.....but it would almost certain get clipped as it would "offend" someone :lol:
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Try it, I am hard to offend :wink:
Spotted a treecreeper at close quarters today for 1.5 seconds before it scuttled up the trunk out of my hungry grasp
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Try it, I am hard to offend :wink:
Spotted a treecreeper at close quarters today for 1.5 seconds before it scuttled up the trunk out of my hungry grasp

You may be but from past experience the majority on here clearly get offended by almost anything :wink:
RickH

Post by RickH »

100%JR wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Try it, I am hard to offend :wink:

You may be but from past experience the majority on here clearly get offended by almost anything :wink:

Are you talking to me? I'm offended that you think such things of your fellow forum users!

:shock: :oops: :lol:
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

100%JR wrote:I could post up a photo from another Forum I use with a better image of a Grey.....but it would almost certain get clipped as it would "offend" someone :lol:

probably a dead one with its head blown off or gutted given your other post.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

mercalia wrote:
100%JR wrote:I could post up a photo from another Forum I use with a better image of a Grey.....but it would almost certain get clipped as it would "offend" someone :lol:

probably a dead one with its head blown off or gutted given your other post.

Close.........but no cigar :roll:
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

It seems that Natural England is in the process of licensing killing lots of birds species, even ones from the tit family, and they are being slow to explain why

http://jasonendfield.weebly.com/home/wh ... -days-time
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

mercalia wrote:It seems that Natural England is in the process of licensing killing lots of birds species, even ones from the tit family, and they are being slow to explain why

Do they have to explain why?
There could be many reasons.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

100%JR wrote:
mercalia wrote:It seems that Natural England is in the process of licensing killing lots of birds species, even ones from the tit family, and they are being slow to explain why

Do they have to explain why?
There could be many reasons.

Yes it is gov't org?