Wardrobe malfunction

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
peetee

Wardrobe malfunction

Post by peetee »

The days are drawing in, mornings have that nip in the air, the garden looks a damp dead mess and, well, you know and accept all the changes. But you shouldn't. Stand up gentlemen! Stand up for the right to choose cheery colours in the high street. Vote with your wallets. Refuse to wear your last season (and the one before, and the one before etc etc) dull, cheerless greys and dark blues. Vote them out of Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco, Debenhams, M & S, Go Outdoors. Vote autumnal colours for the common man. Reds, oranges, yellows, rusty browns (no soil colours please) and demand that winter blues be gone forever.

Gawd i 'ate shoppin'.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
661-Pete

Re: Wardrobe malfunction

Post by 661-Pete »

I know a 94-year-old bloke, a keen gardener, I often cycle past his house whilst he's pottering around in the front garden; also used to play bridge with him and his missus ... he's been known to turn up for bridge in bright scarlet trousers. Cheery enough for you?

I'm afraid my own wardrobe is rather less ... enlightened.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

I'm dreading to see what photos now follow, showing our regular members in rather irregular shades.
Personally I avoid pink but am always draw towards orange; though Mrs.C refuses to be anywhere near me at the time.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I am always suspicious of old blokes in pink trousers. To me its a uniform

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I really hate shopping too, reminds me of a story about a man who went for counselling about problems with his wife, she loved shopping

At the end of the session the counsellor said: "seems to me, the only problem is that your wife is a woman" :wink:

Plus One for bright colours!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Absolutely... bring back Troll Jesters

yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

I often wear pink and bright colours and why shouldn't we, why should all the lady's have all the fun
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

yakdiver wrote:I often wear pink and bright colours and why shouldn't we, why should all the lady's have all the fun
I seem to recall, you posted a piccy of yourself in a kilt some time ago. Can't remember if it was a brightly-coloured one. Do you still have it?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

Yes still have my kilts