grooming gang trial

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

grooming gang trial

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
reohn2

Re: Culture..........

Post by reohn2 »

Culture or cultural extremes?
These animals shouldn't walk on the streets of the UK again and if they aren't UK nationals should be deported after serving at least 20 years.
As you say those poor girls
What about the police and social services and their appalling lack of response when these crimes were reported to them by the victims?

These crimes aren't just 'cultural',these levels of depravity span all levels and cultures in society,it's sickening
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
661-Pete

Inappropriate thread title

Post by 661-Pete »

A dreadful story, and some despicable criminals - but the thread title is misleading and irrelevant - and potentially racist. Can we stick to the facts?
[edit] I see the title has now been changed. Thanks.
Last edited by 661-Pete on 20 Oct 2018, 12:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

And of course no white UK nationals ever do this sort of thing. Oh wait.....

Also, most child abuse is of children by their own parents or relatives.
Flinders

Re: Inappropriate thread title

Post by Flinders »

661-Pete wrote:A dreadful story, and some despicable criminals - but the thread title is misleading and irrelevant - and potentially racist. Can we stick to the facts?

+1. I note no reference is made to the recent case where the offenders were white, and included women.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: grooming gang trial

Hi,
You will note that that banned word "Culture" is no longer used by media!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerscrut ... rectness/#
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
You will note that that banned word "Culture" is no longer used by media!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerscrut ... rectness/#

Wasn't it the same with Jimmy Saville?
They knew about him but didn't want to rock the charity boat.
W H Auden
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Here in Rotherham we had over 1300 young white girls raped, groomed and trafficked by Asian men of Pakistani heritage.
They where also abused and neglected by the Police and Social Care....
So far a number of Asian men of Pakistani heritage have been convicted of grooming, rape and abuse ....

So how is the OP'S title inappropriate ?
EXPLAIN .... to those of us, parents, of teenage girls living in Rotherham during this period. EXPLAIN.....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
landsurfer

Re: Inappropriate thread title

Post by landsurfer »

Flinders wrote:+1. I note no reference is made to the recent case where the offenders were white, and included women.

Please provide a link to the article / report of this disgraceful event.
Be more Mike.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
I cant supply evidence or links but it was said the other day that there are more like Saville ........several well known vips doing the same.

I realise its a hot potato.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
I cant supply evidence or links but it was said the other day that there are more like Saville ........several well known vips doing the same.

I realise its a hot potato.

There's a few that are now serving a sentence and a few that couldn't be proved.
There are also some that have been proven innocent.
W H Auden
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

There is a danger that if we allow this to become a discussion or debate about culture, race or creed.

Making these factors a prime point in the discussion is dangerous, but so is being frightened of discussing these factors.

It moves the debate away from many of the questions that need to be asked, but will be shouted down, or become ignored.

Yes we need to look at the way these gangs work, and how they function, but we also need to look at how these young girls became vulnerable, and how the protection and safeguarding that should have been there failed.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Cunobelin wrote:Th but we also need to look at how these young girls became vulnerable, and how the protection and safeguarding that should have been there failed.

Please tell me this not heading towards victim blaming, or even blaming the culture the children where raised in ? British Culture. :(
Be more Mike.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

reohn2 wrote:Culture or cultural extremes?
These animals shouldn't walk on the streets of the UK again and if they aren't UK nationals should be deported after serving at least 20 years.
What about the police and social services and their appalling lack of response when these crimes were reported to them by the victims?

These crimes aren't just 'cultural',these levels of depravity span all levels and cultures in society,it's sickening

Right on. You get rotten people in all sections of the population so it's wrong to generalise.
Culprits from whatever religion colour etc should be named and shamed
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

reohn2 wrote:Culture or cultural extremes?

Whilst it's nice to froth a bit about injustices of one sort and another, there comes a point where one realises that frothing is of no utility, to victims, justice or oneself. If one is incautious, the froth can turn into something nastier, such as thoughts of ethnic cleansing and revengeful incarcerations! If the froth has obliterated logic entirely, in one's hot head, one might even put these things in the wrong order! (The cost of, say, 19 years imprisoning a fellow at the taxpayers expense then deporting him without getting any of the tax back by getting him into gainful employment or other payback means).

As to the "cultural" bit - well, there are elements (as you say) in every culture that are misogynistic. It wasn't so long ago that the norm for British women of every ilk and tittle was to be treated as mere possessions, abused in all sorts of ways that weren't even illegal. Women today still suffer a bit from the long tail of those British cultural traditions. Wife beating and rape are widespread and still unaddressed in any effective way by our "culture". And they aren't the only disadvantages of being a woman in our current society.

There is a thread in the cultural background of those abusers in question that tends to make women and girls into nothing more than possessions at the discretion of patriarchal males. Their traditions are still very patriarchal-out-of-monotheism, as were those of The Victorians. But this doesn't mean that all such folk living within that wider culture are women and girl abusers ant more than all Victorians were. Many women are very content within those traditions.

One does wonder about the wider context, in any case:

How were the girls in question so neglected, ignored and perhaps even abused by their parents such that they were easy victims of these monsters? Landsurfer seems to think his own girls are vulnerable to such abuse. How could that be without some sort of neglect of parental care?

It's easy to criticise the police and social services. However, they are chronically underfunded and subject to vilification no matter what they do. I don't envy them their jobs. In fact, I couldn't do their job as I'm not brave or resilient enough.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes