Return Postage Under Warranty..Who Pays?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Return Postage Under Warranty..Who Pays?

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Faulty sat nav under I year warranty, bought online, 4 months ago, who pays return postage?
Return under warranty / Sale of goods act?
Sellers conditions you accept when buying?
TIA,
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
meic

Re: Return Postage Under Warranty..Who Pays?

Post by meic »

Busch and Muller Ixon IQ and Exped mat (ultralite 7) both of which had manufacturer's faults that are fairly well known. I paid to post to them, they paid to post to me. They didnt offer to pay my postage and I couldnt be bothered to argue that they should.
Yma o Hyd
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

My Cycliq front light failed.
They immediately sent out a new one and asked me to return the old one at my convenience and then send them a message with the cost which they'd then refund.

Ditto anything I've ever bought from Amazon, they simply provide a paid for sticker to return it - although in some cases they simply ask me to dispose of the old one.

I've no idea about the legal requirements though.
gaz

Post by gaz »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Return under warranty / Sale of goods act?
Sellers conditions you accept when buying?

Sellers conditions are in addition to your statutory rights, they cannot override them.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... ght-online

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... aulty-item
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I never buy anything electrical online, it always seems too much hassle to return it. Halfords and Argos sell Sat navs, in fact I needed a new printer so reserved a HP one at Argos, decided I'd treat myself to a HP chrome book as well. Got home, set the printer up but it was folding the corner of the pages over so I took it back, the elderly lady said they'd got no more in stock so I'd have to have a refund. It was only 2 weeks later when my Barclaycard statement arrived I realised I'd been refunded the £229 for the Chrome book!!
pete75

Post by pete75 »

philvantwo wrote:I never buy anything electrical online, it always seems too much hassle to return it. Halfords and Argos sell Sat navs, in fact I needed a new printer so reserved a HP one at Argos, decided I'd treat myself to a HP chrome book as well. Got home, set the printer up but it was folding the corner of the pages over so I took it back, the elderly lady said they'd got no more in stock so I'd have to have a refund. It was only 2 weeks later when my Barclaycard statement arrived I realised I'd been refunded the £229 for the Chrome book!!

It's no more hassle to return electrical goods than any other goods bought online.
It can be easier than returning to a shop eg ordered a NAS box from Amazon - it arrived next morning. Started setting it up early evening found it faulty , contacted Amazon and a replacement arrived next morning with a label to return the duff one within 30 days. A lot less hassle than travelling backwards and forwards to a shop.

In answer to the OP's question the retailer should pay.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
AMMoffat

Post by AMMoffat »

The retailer should pay and, furthermore, if you are returning for a refund they should refund your original postage plus the purchase price.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

pete75 wrote:
philvantwo wrote:I never buy anything electrical online, it always seems too much hassle to return it. Halfords and Argos sell Sat navs, in fact I needed a new printer so reserved a HP one at Argos, decided I'd treat myself to a HP chrome book as well. Got home, set the printer up but it was folding the corner of the pages over so I took it back, the elderly lady said they'd got no more in stock so I'd have to have a refund. It was only 2 weeks later when my Barclaycard statement arrived I realised I'd been refunded the £229 for the Chrome book!!

It's no more hassle to return electrical goods than any other goods bought online.
It can be easier than returning to a shop eg ordered a NAS box from Amazon - it arrived next morning. Started setting it up early evening found it faulty , contacted Amazon and a replacement arrived next morning with a label to return the duff one within 30 days. A lot less hassle than travelling backwards and forwards to a shop.

I would agree. Plus you have additional online protection. If you get it delivered (mail order) look at it and decide it isn't what you want (too large, wrong colour, don't like the shape, even just decided against it) you have the right send it back. A retail shop may or may not decide to take it back, at their discretion and my impression is that with High Street suffering they are increasingly resistance to taking items back.

Ian
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I am returning under warranty.........I don't know why :? I suppose because its guaranteed 12 months, owned for 3.5 months.
If I return under sale of goods I get a refund?
Item is £270 return is £3.85, I did not want a dispute to muddy waters.

Mmmmm I am going to have to wait a while as its got to go to overseas..................

If the....well it will be a replacement, plays up from the word go, I will return for my money back................units been a pig............
I am the guinea pig :(
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.