Take Care of own Health

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
meic

Re: Take Care of own Health

Post by meic »

if people die prematurely they save on the state pension fund, so a win win situation! :roll:

But they dont die early, they drag it out through years of chronic weight related compounded health problems costing the NHS a fortune.
Yma o Hyd
Debs

Post by Debs »

meic wrote:
if people die prematurely they save on the state pension fund, so a win win situation! :roll:

But they dont die early, they drag it out through years of chronic weight related compounded health problems costing the NHS a fortune.

Costing us a fortune you mean...
you know it and i know it, tell it to the Government, but not this Tory government, they don't care,
they look at the NHS like a farmer looks at a fattened pig, or a fat kid looks at a big mac,
they're going to privatise the hell out of the NHS to pay for Brexit if it really does happen :x
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Debs wrote:
meic wrote:

you know it and i know it, tell it to the Government, but not this Tory government, they don't care,
they look at the NHS like a farmer looks at a fattened pig, or a fat kid looks at a big mac,
they're going to privatise the hell out of the NHS to pay for Brexit if it really does happen :x

Spot on. The 'Yanks' are coming, they can't wait to get their hand on the NHS. If you think the NHS is failing it's customers now, wait until make a profit is the most important thing.
I'm not sure even a change of government has the will to stop it.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

francovendee wrote:
Debs wrote:
meic wrote:But they dont die early, they drag it out through years of chronic weight related compounded health problems costing the NHS a fortune.

Spot on. The 'Yanks' are coming, they can't wait to get their hand on the NHS. If you think the NHS is failing it's customers now, wait until make a profit is the most important thing.
I'm not sure even a change of government has the will to stop it.

And then people with chronic illnesses, weight related or not, WILL die younger and not be a lengthy burden on the rest. That'll be me then..... could have saved cost of my cancer surgery and ensured that I cease drawing my OAP much sooner! Win win.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Debs wrote:they're going to privatise the hell out of the NHS to pay for Brexit if it really does happen :x
Funny thing, isn't it? That's not what it said on the bus.... :roll:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Aye, some people apparently too thick to read the small print!
meic

Post by meic »

"24 hours to save the NHS" was on the posters long before the word Brexit existed.
The Tories want to privatise the NHS, they did before the referendum and they would have proceeded with that plan whichever way the referendum went.
Yma o Hyd
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

meic wrote:"24 hours to save the NHS" was on the posters long before the word Brexit existed

The Tories want to privatise the NHS

I havent heard the Torys state that as a policy, have I missed something?

Speaking from our own recent experiences - the NHS seemed ambivalent about my wifes recent sudden severe back problem. She was given a powerful painkiller, Naproxin, and told to keep moving but she was in such severe pain that she couldnt walk or move much at all. Dissatisfied with this she went for a private MRI scan which the NHS wouldnt offer, this revealed 3 fractured vertebrae and Osteoporosis. Back to the NHS who gave her Alendronic Acid medication. We insisted she continued with NHS care. This was offered by the NHS at two private hospitals. When we went the Consultant was an NHS Consultant moonlighting. The original scan was overseen by another NHS Consultant moonlighting.

From this experience it seems to me that the private sector is proliferating, the NHS is overwhelmed and its because GREEDY NHS CONSULTANTS are supplementing their income by workng less NHS hours and supplementing their £127000 average salary https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... -revealed/ by working privately in the proliferation of private hospitals.

Dont blame the government, blame unbridled greed.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

al_yrpal wrote:the NHS is overwhelmed and its because GREEDY NHS CONSULTANTS are supplementing their income by workng less NHS hours and supplementing their £127000 average salary
You may be partly right, but please don't generalise to include all NHS consultants in this. My sister was an NHS consultant (now retired). I don't see eye-to-eye with her on many fronts, but I'd never accuse her of being "greedy". And she never moonlighted. I have no idea what her salary was.

Unfortunately you get rogues in every trade or profession. I was a software engineer. Tell me about the *******s I fell in with, there!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Duplicate post
Last edited by Cugel on 12 Nov 2018, 12:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

al_yrpal wrote:
meic wrote:"24 hours to save the NHS" was on the posters long before the word Brexit existed

The Tories want to privatise the NHS

I havent heard the Torys state that as a policy, have I missed something?

Dont blame the government, blame unbridled greed.

Al

Yes, you missed something - quite a lot, I feel. Try a different mass media filter.

The present government are representing those who have a whole philosophy based on the proposal that unbridled greed is a wonderful thing for economics and society in general. They are disciples of Ayn Rand, Friedrich Hayek, Milton Friedman and others of that ilk, whether they know it or not. The government is neo-liberal in attitudes, through & through. In case you are ignorant of the term, neo-liberalism is much like the old laissez-faire economics of the C19th, where any money-making scheme is regarded as good as it represents the "survival of the fittest", no matter what the consequences for "the unfit".

The ambition of the present government is, paradoxically, to shrink government. They want a bonfire of regulations. They've already "privatised" huge swathes of public services and are still doing it hand-over-fist. The organisations running much of what used to be our national infrastructure are incompetent, profit-hungry or both. They have no interest in serving the public other than to create a sham-front of doing so as they milk the taxpayers.

You need to wake up.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I never said 'all' NHS Consultants, I said greedy NHS Consultants. These people deprive the NHS of their services, then moonlight at Private Hospitals. This causes a backlog in NHS hospitals forcing the NHS to refer patients to the Private Hospitals which for which the NHS is then presumably paying at increased public expense. Its a scandal. Personally I don't care how medical treatment is delivered, public or private as long as its high quality and free at the point of delivery which is the whole idea of the NHS. But, I do believe that staff members should make their choice as to whether they work wholly in the public or private sectors.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......