Whats in your room 101?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pwa

Re: Whats in your room 101?

Post by pwa »

Mick F wrote:Yep.
Spot on TC.

In my "Room 101" would be puerile telly programmes and anything with Chris Evans or Jeremy Vine on.
Plus ........... miserable weather, rain and wind, and the nights closing in.

Room 101,actually, is one of those quite good comedy shows that could easily be a radio show on Radio 4. Quite a few good TV shows would work as radio. University Challenge is another example.

In my Room 101 would go the person, as yet unknown, who lets their dog poo on my front garden from time to time. Plastics that are not currently recycled. Why are food producers even allowed to wrap their products in the stuff?
pwa

Post by pwa »

meic wrote:A very confined space, in the dark with a bit too much water.

I had a tent like that.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

fausto copy wrote:Cigarettes.
Cling film.
Garden strimmers.
"Celebrities."

That literary giant Alan Titchmarsh unites the last two, do you admire him as much as I do?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
gaz

Post by gaz »

Forum members who don't use the search engine :wink: .
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=61146
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=69443
meic

Post by meic »

Possibly they did and got this,
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: 101.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 4 characters
Yma o Hyd
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Makeup
Cosmetics
Perfume
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

al_yrpal wrote:
Mick F wrote:Now that I'm completely and utterly hairless with alopecia universalis ................ and love it! ................ I'd put hair into Room 101.
I'd be horrified and distraught if any of my hairs grew back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_universalis

Is that sort of a super Brazillian? :lol: Could be contamination from tbe Eden Project.
If that were true, there'd be loads of people - mainly ladies - that would like to catch it, and visitor numbers would be through the roof!

Chatting to a lady behind the bar in a pub in Plymouth the other day and she was tying up her long hair. I remarked that I used to have hair and since losing it, it's marvellous. She - like many - are slightly envious.

Not had a haircut since June 2015 and not had a shave since later that same year. A year later, I had totally smooth hairless skin everywhere ................... and long may it remain so.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

gaz wrote:Forum members who don't use the search engine :wink: .
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=61146
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=69443

Things change over the years, I like to keep up to date… :wink:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
tod28

Post by tod28 »

pwa wrote:Room 101,actually, is one of those quite good comedy shows that could easily be a radio show on Radio 4. Quite a few good TV shows would work as radio. University Challenge is another example.

Room 101 is a BBC comedy television series based on the radio series of the same name originally broadcast on BBC Radio 5 in 1992.
pwa

Post by pwa »

tod28 wrote:
pwa wrote:Room 101,actually, is one of those quite good comedy shows that could easily be a radio show on Radio 4. Quite a few good TV shows would work as radio. University Challenge is another example.

Room 101 is a BBC comedy television series based on the radio series of the same name originally broadcast on BBC Radio 5 in 1992.

Ah. It does have that radio feel about it.
Debs

Post by Debs »

Muck-Donanlds, Kentucky Fried Crap, Burger Kringe & et all the other high street junk food dealers.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Makeup
Cosmetics
Perfume

I'm mostly with you there, especially the last one, but my real pet hate are all these scented air-freshener thingy's in people's homes.
They really get up my nose and both my Mum and my son were/are literally allergic to them (and the perfumed candle ones too).

I don't know what people have to hide when using the; a home doesn't have to have a synthetic smell to it.
If it's clean and fresh it won't pong of anything.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Agreed TC has it spot-on. I'm familiar with the 1984 concept. Most people on here have cited petty annoyances - which is presumably what the TV programme is on about (I haven't watched it).

For some of the genuine, primordial dread, I have to go back to early childhood. My father (who was a bit of a religious fanatic) used to instil in me, all sorts of dread of divine punishment, possibly involving some sort of demonic intervention. I recall having a fear that some devil-like bogey would come into my bedroom and spirit me off - Erl-King-like.

Then there were loud noises. I've already mentioned in another thread, the trouble I had with fireworks at a tender age: bangers especially. And for some reason, as a toddler, I was mortally afraid of motorbikes. We were living in a flat and there were several lads in the same building who kept their motorbikes parked outside. I remember, if one of them started up his bike when I was nearby, I'd burst out screaming.

Dogs. I can still get scared stiff when under attack whilst out cycling - especially if there's more than one of them and they have me surrounded. Another story from my tender years - my mother accusing me of 'spoiling' her friendship with another family who lived nearby. This family had children about the same age as me, so I was sometimes sent to play with them. But I often had to be fetched home early because I was afraid of their dog. At least, this was the story as told to me later in life. Of course I got the blame....

Nowadays it's more the sort of 'annoyance' type R101 like in the TV programme. I suppose as we age we get more used to things....

But then again, there's Brex**it...... :shock:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

Mick F wrote:Not had a haircut since June 2015 and not had a shave since later that same year. A year later, I had totally smooth hairless skin everywhere ................... and long may it remain so.

On the other hand on one of the endless helmet debates you posted that since losing all your hair helmet wearing is problematic cos sweat gets in your eyes. That's why evolution retained our eyebrows.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Ben@Forest wrote:On the other hand on one of the endless helmet debates you posted that since losing all your hair helmet wearing is problematic cos sweat gets in your eyes. That's why evolution retained our eyebrows.
Strange - that. Are you sure? I have fairly bushy eyebrows, but I often get sweat in my eyes. For example when cycling on a hot day. I don't wear a lid, but I don't know if that would make a difference.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).