Aldi/Crane Sports Stocking of larger sizes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
arnsider

Aldi/Crane Sports Stocking of larger sizes

Post by arnsider »

In common with a number of thrifty cyclists, I get a lot of clothing from Aldi and Lidil.
For some time now, Aldi has been a real disappointment.
I am six feet tall and most tops and bottoms need to be XXL.
Aldi's size guide on their special buys pages go up to XXL listing corresponding chest and waist sizes, but stop at XL availability.
Their stores never have XXL items and what's worse, they have pinched material making existing sizes a lot less generous than they were when they entered the market.
I have complained to Aldi, but all I get is a cop out and things never change.
At one time, the cvhance of getting good gear drew me to Aldi for groceries, but now, I giove them a wide berth.
They don't mark down any produce and frankly their vegetables are a risk and don't stay fresh very long.
Shame on Aldi.
CyberKnight

Re: Aldi/Crane Sports Stocking of larger sizes

Post by CyberKnight »

Just as bad they dont do small sizes, the medium which is the default smallest size they do comes out closer to a standard large .
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

CyberKnight wrote:Just as bad they dont do small sizes, the medium which is the default smallest size they do comes out closer to a standard large .

That's the thing about cheap- cheap usually means stocking only the sizes that sell in large quantities. I found Aldi's smallest leggings far too big for me- even altering them didn't help much, as I'm really not good enough at that sort of thing. I'd have been better off paying more for some that fitted better.
CyberKnight

Post by CyberKnight »

leggings i can get on with im 5 foot 7 with 30 waist but each thigh is about 24" around
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

just got some warm thermal base trousers from Lidls says XXL and 50-52 waist hehe thats a joke more like 42-44. so Aldi not the only one who have strange eyesights
pete75

Post by pete75 »

mercalia wrote:just got some warm thermal base trousers from Lidls says XXL and 50-52 waist hehe thats a joke more like 42-44. so Aldi not the only one who have strange eyesights

The 50-52 is continental sizing which is about 42 in UK sizing.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

arnsider wrote:In common with a number of thrifty cyclists, I get a lot of clothing from Aldi and Lidil.
For some time now, Aldi has been a real disappointment.
I am six feet tall and most tops and bottoms need to be XXL.
Aldi's size guide on their special buys pages go up to XXL listing corresponding chest and waist sizes, but stop at XL availability.
Their stores never have XXL items and what's worse, they have pinched material making existing sizes a lot less generous than they were when they entered the market.
I have complained to Aldi, but all I get is a cop out and things never change.
At one time, the cvhance of getting good gear drew me to Aldi for groceries, but now, I giove them a wide berth.
They don't mark down any produce and frankly their vegetables are a risk and don't stay fresh very long.
Shame on Aldi.

I like Aldi's fruit and veg. No it doesn't last as long as the big stores, but it isn't rock hard and wet. I therefore assume it is fresher and has not been sat in frozen containers as long as some, if at all. I understand they source locally and have been awarded 'Best in Industry'.