Geraint Thomas Book

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
CyclingGuy

Geraint Thomas Book

Post by CyclingGuy »

Spotted a book by Geraint Thomas on Amazon today for only 99p if you have a Kindle (or Kindle App) - find it at https://amzn.to/2zwMJYk

Bought it immediately ready for a bit of Christmas reading.
Read about my adventures on the British Cycle Quest at: http://www.quest.nwarwick.co.uk
softlips

Re: Geraint Thomas Book

Post by softlips »

Let us know if it’s any good.
CyclingGuy

Post by CyclingGuy »

I won't read it until Christmas so it might not be 99p then - a few other people I've mentioned it to all say its very good so I 'm looking forward to it.
Read about my adventures on the British Cycle Quest at: http://www.quest.nwarwick.co.uk
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

G has turned out to be a bit of disappointment... slagging off fellow and ex colleagues at every opportunity and selling out cyclists on the helmet issue, just to get twitter/faceberk likes .... disappointing G ... really ... or are you just another a Brailsford / SKY puppet.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Canuk

Post by Canuk »

landsurfer wrote:G has turned out to be a bit of disappointment... slagging off fellow and ex colleagues at every opportunity and selling out cyclists on the helmet issue, just to get twitter/faceberk likes .... disappointing G ... really ... or are you just another a Brailsford / SKY puppet.

I've met Geraint twice now (once at a glad handing corporate event after the Tour finish in Paris) and I can honestly say he's one of the most personable and humble pro cyclists I've had the pleasure to meet. Compared to some other well known Brit cyclists I've met I think he's streets ahead in terms of marketable traits and just being a proper gentleman. He's one of the best things to happen to British cycling since Hoy.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

I struggle to imagine what a cyclist can possibly write about.A touring cyclist can describe things discovered by travel,but a racing cyclist can hardly comment on his environment.Wiggins seemed an interesting personality but Mark Cavendish is devoid of charisma.Would people buy his book if he had not won TDF?I would rather read the memoirs of a painter and decorator eg Rugged Trousered Philatelist by Robert Trussell.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

The book might never have been published had he not won the TdF

Did he write every word himself?
Is it available in Welsh? :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Cyril Haearn wrote:The book might never have been published had he not won the TdF

Did he write every word himself?
Is it available in Welsh? :wink:

Publication date: 29 Oct 2015

Seems that it was. Don't know if his new book is an update of this one or a whole new book.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

I read the original book and found it to be one of the best books written by any sportsman or athlete.
It's full of charm and explains a lot about his upbringing and later exploits in his career.
G is one of the most genuine people you could hope to meet and I really think the few slagging him off are out of order.

Once he'd won the Tour, I said to friends that the book would certainly have to be updated (and I'm sure he himself hardly expected to be in his current situation as a Tour winner when the original was written).

If you want to read a funny, down to earth and downright interesting book, I suggest you get writing to Santa straight away.

fausto.