Who makes you laugh?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Canuk

Re: Who makes you laugh?

Post by Canuk »

pete75 wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Frankie Boyle is a pain on the neck beloved by Trots.. Jimmy Carr, tax avoider. Both political unfunny cynics.

Al

Tell em AL when you had a business did you take steps to avoid the amount of tax you paid - outwith the law of course?
:wink: :D
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Recently went to see Bill Bailey live.

I laughed so much I was in agony, but also a polymath and veritable musical genius. Simply brilliant, couldn't recommend him too highly.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

roubaixtuesday wrote:Recently went to see Bill Bailey live.

I laughed so much I was in agony, but also a polymath and veritable musical genius. Simply brilliant, couldn't recommend him too highly.

I've seen him twice,he had the same effect on me both times,and yes a musical genius without doubt.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Everyone avoids paying tax by perfectly legal means like saving in ISAs. What is abhorrent to those of us that worked hard and paid their taxes diligently is people who knowingly use patently dodgy schemes like Carr and Garry which are no joke. Fortunately many of these people have been exposed and publicly shamed and the unpaid taxes recovered.

Anyway, this is about who makes us laugh. One current good comedy show has been Ben Eltons Upstart Crow which caused quite a few giggles in our house. I particularly liked Shakespeare's angry teenage daughter and the Ricky soundalike actor. That reminds me that I like Ricky too although he is a bit Marmite. Life on the Road waa a great film.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:Everyone avoids paying tax by perfectly legal means like saving in ISAs. What is abhorrent to those of us that worked hard and paid their taxes diligently is people who knowingly use patently dodgy schemes like Carr and Garry which are no joke. Fortunately many of these people have been exposed and publicly shamed and the unpaid taxes recovered.

Anyway, this is about who makes us laugh. One current good comedy show has been Ben Eltons Upstart Crow which caused quite a few giggles in our house. I particularly liked Shakespeare's angry teenage daughter and the Ricky soundalike actor. That reminds me that I like Ricky too although he is a bit Marmite. Life on the Road waa a great film.

Al

That's the point about tax avoidance - it is legal. Tax evasion is illegal - is that what you really meant about Carr when you called him a tax avoider?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

Tommy Cooper,Freddy Starr,Bill Bailey,Ricky Gervais,Abbott and Costello,Jerry Lewis,some seem timeless,Cannon and ball, Jasper Carrott,Billy Connelly etc etc,,big stars etc but faded,.Chubby Brown.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Yes Pete, I mean illegally avoiding paying tax. Sorry, didnt know the distinction.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Patrickpioneer

Post by Patrickpioneer »

Will Hay,
Pat
Canuk

Post by Canuk »

pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:Yes Pete, I mean illegally avoiding paying tax. Sorry, didnt know the distinction.

Al

I learnt about that sort of stuff because in my last 7 years at work I was given three accountants as additions to my team.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Who makes me laugh?
Parliament!
:lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

You'll never know if you don't try it.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Trump and all the p&% takes of him on various programs (NB. Apologies, sure someone must have mentioned the president previously)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:Who makes me laugh?
Parliament!
:lol: :lol:

That's funny,they have the opposite effect on me :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

Tim Minchin, Steve Hughes, Jim Jeffries etc etc
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity