Everything is better somewhere else

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: Everything is better somewhere else

Post by al_yrpal »

Britain's decline is 'partially' due to the contempt the ruling classes have for those engaged in actually doing something. And that lives on - that is how we (The UK) treat our engineers.

Not only the ruling classes… its been going on since about 1820, grubby industry is something to despise.

As a former doer and someone who came to despise the 'peripheral people' I heartily agree that the loss of our industries is a major cause of our decline. Get a Physics Maths or Engineering degree and head for the City for maximum salary, then retire at 40.

Perhaps British Gas's 6000 'Engineers' and that cute penguin can save us?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Everything is better somewhere else

Post by Mick F »

Spain.
If you're a smoker .................

Mrs Mick F smokes roll-ups.
She's in her early 60s now and been smoking since age 15. We met when she was 15 and I've lost count of the cross words we've had about her smoking. I'm a lifelong never-smoker. She has no intention of giving up, and she enjoys smoking.
Anyway, I digress.

As most of you know, we were in Benidorm last week.
Price of Cutters Choice in UK is 30g for £14.00 or so.
That's 47p per gram.

Cutters Choice in Spain is about £75.65 (converted fro Euro) for 500g in ten packets.
That's 15p per gram.

She bought two boxes of 250g with a free quarter bottle of vodka with each box.
500g of tobacco .....................and I did the arithmetic about all this and noted it down, so that's why I have the figures.

If she'd bought the 500g in UK, it would have been £235.00 .............. and not had any vodka! :lol:
That's nearly £160 profit not counting vodka.
Mick F. Cornwall