Did Scrooge Ride a Bike

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mumbojumbo

Did Scrooge Ride a Bike

Post by mumbojumbo »

Went for ride in red onesy but all other cyclists were miserable and failed to smile,hence my question.
gaz

Re: Did Scrooge Ride a Bike

Post by gaz »

Possibly.

Merry Christmas :D .
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well, he didn't drive an Audi or a BMW - that's for sure.

I have a lot of time for Scroogie. Don't forget what he becomes at the end of the story....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Hope he didn't. Just thinking of my bike related bills in the space of the past fortnight (Nb. Think they may have exceeded my expenditure over the last several thousand miles).

- £12.00 to remove a locked solid crank (NB. Other than destroying the crank, the only way to remove it myself without access to a workbench, vice, could have damaged a £400, 3 yr old frame)
- £20 for new mudguards. An hour on Christmas Day trying to find a way to repair the existing front mudguard failed. I even had to sacrifice my six month old mineral bottle in attempting a repair and spent several minutes holding parts bonded together with superglue, expoxy resin et al.
- £13 for a replacement bike computer. Have tried three options since November, accepted last week that I'd never have a working bike computer again, unless I spent the MONEY :!: (Nb. On a positive note, a company I returned a computer bracket to, have not only refunded me, but sent me a £5 voucher :D )

It's been a shock to the system, to have to spend MONEY on my bike
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

gbnz wrote:It's been a shock to the system, to have to spend MONEY on my bike
There speaks a kindred spirit! Mind you, I think my bike-related dilemmas surpass yours!

Main ongoing problem - unable to budge BB. Mostly my own fault: it's an integrated tapered-crank type which I've left untouched in the steel frame ever since I bought the bike some 20 years ago - just a squirt of oil now and again... Now it's developed a bit too much play so I procured the correct tool to get it out - no luck! The bike is still rideable but should I be thinking "n+1"?

Back to the OP and the "grumpy roadie" syndrome - nothing new there I'm afraid. I'm grumpy myself, often enough - though equally often I'm the one who says "hello" to a fellow-cyclist without eliciting any sort of reaction. Such is life.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

[quote="661-Pete"

Main ongoing problem - unable to budge BB......... Such is life.[/quote]

SNAP! My locked solid crank, should have referred to a my locked solid BB! I must be losing it....
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

gbnz wrote:SNAP! My locked solid crank, should have referred to a my locked solid BB! I must be losing it....
At least you can take comfort in that, if it's frozen to the frame, you're not in danger of losing it... :lol:

IGMC...