Jaden Moodie

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mike Sales

Re: Jaden Moodie

Post by Mike Sales »

mercalia wrote:
"I told you so," is an unattractive gloat.

maybe. As bad as those saying he was an innocent cherub.[/quote]

I don't find gloating over something like this shows the gloater in a pleasant light.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Mike Sales wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:
"I told you so," is an unattractive gloat.

mercalia wrote:maybe. As bad as those saying he was an innocent cherub.

I don't find gloating over something like this shows the gloater in a pleasant light.

not sure he was gloating just glad the implied accusation he was of ill will was proven not correct?
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Fourteen years old. Fourteen.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

reohn2 wrote:Such cases beg the question,why?
Why did he deal drugs?
Why did he get sucked into such a lifestyle?
Why weren't the police able to stop it?
Why wasn't there support in the community to help him ?
Why are drugs needed to cope with life?
Why isn't there an alternative to violence?
Exactly.

Even the murderers are victims.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Mick F wrote:
Why did he deal drugs?
Exactly.

To write a child off at fourteen, to refuse him sympathy, well, I am lost for a word to describe that attitude.
Do these people know any fourteen year olds? Do they have no imagination?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mike Sales wrote:
Mick F wrote:
Why did he deal drugs?
Exactly.

To write a child off at fourteen, to refuse him sympathy, well, I am lost for a word to describe that attitude.

Makes you wonder,doesn't it?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

100%JR wrote:Well,well,well.....
It transpires this model citizen was indeed a drug dealer!
Killed by a rival drug gang.
Some of us see the blindingly obvious,others decide to try to see the best in things and accuse us of jumping the gun and stereotyping :roll:
As I said upthread months ago he wasn’t the little innocent his family portrayed.

Your attempt to condemn the victim only results in you condemning yourself.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Does he have to be an innocent cherub to deserve justice?

To be honest, I don't think that the background of victims of violence should be published. It's common practice in the USA, when the police kill someone, to release all of the 'smear' facts they can, as if it somehow justifies taking a life.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Vorpal wrote:Does he have to be an innocent cherub to deserve justice?

To be honest, I don't think that the background of victims of violence should be published. It's common practice in the USA, when the police kill someone, to release all of the 'smear' facts they can, as if it somehow justifies taking a life.

who is saying they dont deserve justice? Some here have rose tinted spectacles about "children" The idea of chiidhood is a modern invention that didnt use to exist - there was the childrens crusade ( which ended badly). Look at the life of Joan of Arc who was 13 when she started to have visions and 16 when she became active. ( burnt at the stake when 19 ( she claimed she was)).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_Arc

A more recent example is Greta Thunberg born 3 January 2003 so is only 16 became active when she was 15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

At that recent todo outside that cinema showing that film about gangs one of the "children" was a young girl of 13 I believe with a machete.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

mercalia wrote:

who is saying they dont deserve justice? Some here have rose tinted spectacles about "children" The idea of chiidhood is a modern invention that didnt use to exist - there was the childrens crusade ( which ended badly). Look at the life of Joan of Arc who was 13 when she started to have visions and 16 when she became active. ( burnt at the stake when 19 ( she claimed she was)).

A more recent example is Greta Thunberg born 3 January 2003 so is only 16 became active when she was 15

At that recent todo outside that cinema showing that film about gangs one of the "children" was a young girl of 13 I believe with a machete.

Thompson and Venables were even younger when they killed Jamie Bulger.
What do you deduce from that?
That children of that age should be treated as adult?
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Wow just wow.
Some of the above posts are just about what I expected.
Gloating?
No.
Merely pointing out what was blindingly obvious from the start.
Mike Sales wrote:To write a child off at fourteen, to refuse him sympathy, well, I am lost for a word to describe that attitude.

Really why?I know/have known plenty of 14 year olds,some good,some not so.You reap what you sow.He dabbled in a dangerous game and he paid for it,Simple as that.He's not 14 he's dead.

roubaixtuesday wrote:Your attempt to condemn the victim only results in you condemning yourself.

Does it?If that's your opinion then that's fine.For me it's one less scumbag off the streets.
As we see with all the recent stabbings at least the scum are doing the Tax payer a service by killing each other.

He was a thief,a drug dealer and gang member so it's actually quite fitting his life ended as it did.

I have absolutely no sympathy for him and his ilk.
Good riddance.

Do any of you actually know anyone who's died as a result of drugs?
Do any of you know anyone killed by "postcode" gangs?

These parasites deserve everything they get whether they're 14,24 or 44 :x
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Mike Sales wrote:
mercalia wrote:

Thompson and Venables were even younger when they killed Jamie Bulger.
What do you deduce from that?
That children of that age should be treated as adult?

One of them is still at it, can't remember which one, and is back in prison?

maybe children should be treated more like adults and adults like children?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:.....maybe children should be treated more like adults and adults like children?

Where do you think children get their ideas from?

A clue,adults.
And if there's no adults around they make up their own rules.
W H Auden
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Children should not be treated like adults. They should be given increasing responsibility and independence commensurate with their increasing capability as they grow and mature.

If they prove that they are not capable of such things they should be helped and supported to become so. Jayden Moodie needed rehabilitation, not murder.

Also, all of the media I've seen either say he *may* have been dealing drugs, or that he was *believed* to be dealing drugs. Which suggestes that there is some evidence that he was doing so, but no certainty.
100%JR wrote:For me it's one less scumbag off the streets.
As we see with all the recent stabbings at least the scum are doing the Tax payer a service by killing each other.

He was a thief,a drug dealer and gang member so it's actually quite fitting his life ended as it did.

I have absolutely no sympathy for him and his ilk.
Good riddance.

Do any of you actually know anyone who's died as a result of drugs?
Do any of you know anyone killed by "postcode" gangs?

These parasites deserve everything they get whether they're 14,24 or 44 :x

As it happens I have known people who died as a result of drugs. More than one. Some have been friends or relations. I also knew people who died as a result of gang violence. I grew up poor in a neghborhood that had a gang. Some of my friends were associated.

Lots of folks who get involved with that sort of thing either don't have any choice, or don't see that they have any choice. Gangs threaten them and their families, or they groom them, much like they do sexual exploitation victims. The folks who do these things are very good. They start with easy things: a little money to run errands. They build up a relationshipe of trust, ask them to provide information, take on more important tasks, etc. They don't start out doing anything illegal, and some of the kids never even realise what they are doing. They make deliveries of drugs or money without being told what they are. https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/latest ... gangs.html

It is a remarkable person who makes it out of that culture rather than dying from it.

Unfortunately, unlike the victims of sexual exploitation, the victims of gang exploitation are criminalised by society and the justice system. They should receive support and rehabilitation, but instead are victimised again. This criminalisation of the victims is as tragic as exploitation by the gangs. This is the kind of justice that has led to the USA having one of the world's highest incarceration rates. Is that what you want for the UK?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

^^^ THIS
W H Auden