Jaden Moodie

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Bonefishblues

Re: Jayden Moodie

Post by Bonefishblues »

I'm sure others respect your opinion.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Mick F wrote:I know it's the DM, but this is worth the read.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -path.html

There were obviously reasons for his recent expulsion, but one wonders what if any contribution it might have made to his demise.

I don't think that expulsion / exclusion is a reasonable approach in most cases. There may be valid reasons to do so, but in this case, he had only attended the school since autumn. Was he given any warnings? offered counselling? At that age, in area where gangs are known to groom children who have been expelled?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Vorpal wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
Mick F wrote:I know it's the DM, but this is worth the read.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -path.html

There were obviously reasons for his recent expulsion, but one wonders what if any contribution it might have made to his demise.

I don't think that expulsion / exclusion is a reasonable approach in most cases. There may be valid reasons to do so, but in this case, he had only attended the school since autumn. Was he given any warnings? offered counselling? At that age, in area where gangs are known to groom children who have been expelled?

Those are some of the issues which came to my mind. If the boy couldn't attend school (where he clearly showed talent), it surely pushed him into a much more vulnerable position.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

landsurfer wrote:++1 .. 100%JR appears to live in High Green Sheffield ... I'm across the road in Rotherham.
Drugs and gangs are bad enough in the High Green and Rotherham area and High Green is a step away from Fir Vale ... "Welcome to Fir Vale , an eastern European drug dealer on every corner" .....
Some posters on here need a reality check on life ....
Our 14 year old is at college and in the house all evening when he gets in ....
This unfortunate 14 year old is riding around on a moped and targeted .... think it through ... targeted ... by adult gang members / criminals..... not because he nicked a moped .... a lot more going on here ...family choices and life choices that the 14 year old made ....

Parts of Fir Vale/Page Hall/Firth Park are no-go areas after dark and have been for some years.As well as the S5 gang there's now the Romanian gangs too.It will only get worse.Stabbings/shootings in S5/S4 are common place now.High Green/Chapeltown has sadly got worse since we moved here 19 years ago.On the surface it looks OK but there's an undercurrent of drugs/gangs on certain Estates that are now too close for comfort.

roubaixtuesday wrote:The apparent desire of some commenters here to condemn a 14yo murdered child tells us far more about the commenters than the child, IMO.

It is becoming apparent that this "child" was,as first assumed,both a gang member and drug dealer.He may have been 14 but he was far from being a "child".Had he been 18 the opinions here would have been totally different.He was no longer "child" once he took a path that he appeared to enjoy.Sadly most Cities now have scores of "children" doing exactly the same.By the time these "children" reach 17 or 18 they are actually hardened thugs.
Live by the sword die by the sword.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

certainly the family were describing him as an innocent cherub.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

100%JR wrote:
landsurfer wrote:++1 .. 100%JR appears to live in High Green Sheffield ... I'm across the road in Rotherham.
Drugs and gangs are bad enough in the High Green and Rotherham area and High Green is a step away from Fir Vale ... "Welcome to Fir Vale , an eastern European drug dealer on every corner" .....
Some posters on here need a reality check on life ....
Our 14 year old is at college and in the house all evening when he gets in ....
This unfortunate 14 year old is riding around on a moped and targeted .... think it through ... targeted ... by adult gang members / criminals..... not because he nicked a moped .... a lot more going on here ...family choices and life choices that the 14 year old made ....

Parts of Fir Vale/Page Hall/Firth Park are no-go areas after dark and have been for some years.As well as the S5 gang there's now the Romanian gangs too.It will only get worse.Stabbings/shootings in S5/S4 are common place now.High Green/Chapeltown has sadly got worse since we moved here 19 years ago.On the surface it looks OK but there's an undercurrent of drugs/gangs on certain Estates that are now too close for comfort.

roubaixtuesday wrote:The apparent desire of some commenters here to condemn a 14yo murdered child tells us far more about the commenters than the child, IMO.

It is becoming apparent that this "child" was,as first assumed,both a gang member and drug dealer.He may have been 14 but he was far from being a "child".Had he been 18 the opinions here would have been totally different.He was no longer "child" once he took a path that he appeared to enjoy.Sadly most Cities now have scores of "children" doing exactly the same.By the time these "children" reach 17 or 18 they are actually hardened thugs.

You've little or no evidence for much of what you say. Your comments appear to be based on ignorance and prejudice.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

pete75 wrote:You've little or no evidence for much of what you say. Your comments appear to be based on ignorance and prejudice.

No I base it on an all too familiar story with these cases.I also base it on what I see when I drive through certain areas of my City.I base it on the reports in local and national press of stabbings and shootings all done by gangs like the ones in question here.
Also when you see this and other little snippets you get the picture
His grieving mother and siblings can only think of the boy they’ve lost, his infectious character and charm. ‘He had a huge heart and would do anything for everyone, especially his family,’ they said.

But on Facebook and Instagram, Jaden liked to describe himself as a ‘driller’ and a ‘trapper’ — gangland patois for ‘gunman’ and ‘drug mule’. He posted photographs of himself waving bundles of £50 and £20 notes and posing on a moped without number plates.

You live in your little Utopia I'll continue to live in my very real World :wink:
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

100%JR wrote:
pete75 wrote:You've little or no evidence for much of what you say. Your comments appear to be based on ignorance and prejudice.

No I base it on an all too familiar story with these cases.I also base it on what I see when I drive through certain areas of my City.I base it on the reports in local and national press of stabbings and shootings all done by gangs like the ones in question here.
His grieving mother and siblings can only think of the boy they’ve lost, his infectious character and charm. ‘He had a huge heart and would do anything for everyone, especially his family,’ they said.

But on Facebook and Instagram, Jaden liked to describe himself as a ‘driller’ and a ‘trapper’ — gangland patois for ‘gunman’ and ‘drug mule’. He posted photographs of himself waving bundles of £50 and £20 notes and posing on a moped without number plates.

You live in your little Utopia I'll continue to live in my very real World :wink:

++1
I see the effects of drug dealing and the gang culture almost every day in our area of South Yorks, i am a 100% with JR on this. Absolutely no pun intended. Our experience of having a child who is a 20 year heroin and lately crack cocaine addict colours our approach to this event. We see the mopeds tearing around Rotherham, no plates, no helmets ....... but as usual ... no Police.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

100%JR wrote:

Real world eh? How is yours more real than anyone else's. From what you say it sounds like you live in a real dump - sounds like it's unreal compared to most of the country. If it's that bad why not move?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

pete75 wrote: If it's that bad why not move?
I've said that about many places and people over the years.
I don't know why anyone at all lives in London, but I'm glad they do because they'd be here instead! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

" From what you say it sounds like you live in a real dump - sounds like it's unreal compared to most of the country. If it's that bad why not move?"

For most people it's called being able to sell and being able to afford a replacement in a leafy suburb!
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

pete75 wrote:Real world eh? How is yours more real than anyone else's. From what you say it sounds like you live in a real dump - sounds like it's unreal compared to most of the country. If it's that bad why not move?

How disappointing .... It's a shame we don't live your safe, secure, middle class suburbia dream .....Unfortunately JR and I live in a pretty normal city/ large town / conurbation in the north of the country ... nice bits and bad bits ...
Be more Mike.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

100%JR wrote:It is becoming apparent that this "child" was,as first assumed,both a gang member and drug dealer.He may have been 14 but he was far from being a "child".Had he been 18 the opinions here would have been totally different.He was no longer "child" once he took a path that he appeared to enjoy.Sadly most Cities now have scores of "children" doing exactly the same.

He was not 18. He was a 14yo child.

By the time these "children" reach 17 or 18 they are actually hardened thugs.

Condemning them when they are still children will help a lot, then?

As I said, the apparent desire of some commenters here to condemn a 14yo murdered child tells us far more about the commenters than the child, IMO.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
As I said, the apparent desire of some commenters here to condemn a 14yo murdered child tells us far more about the commenters than the child, IMO.

Agree ... but not sure about the word "desire" .... more likely "Resignation" or "Disappointment" in fact "sadness" is most accurate ..... :(
Be more Mike.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
100%JR wrote:It is becoming apparent that this "child" was,as first assumed,both a gang member and drug dealer.He may have been 14 but he was far from being a "child".Had he been 18 the opinions here would have been totally different.He was no longer "child" once he took a path that he appeared to enjoy.Sadly most Cities now have scores of "children" doing exactly the same.

He was not 18. He was a 14yo child.

By the time these "children" reach 17 or 18 they are actually hardened thugs.

Condemning them when they are still children will help a lot, then?

I agree with this pov.