Country mouse goes to the big city

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Tangled Metal

Re: Country mouse goes to the big city

Post by Tangled Metal »

Well we're moving from a town of 5560 to a village with 2334. Well hopefully very n soon. Just need to find a house there. Maybe one day we'll get down to 3 figures or less!!!

I went to Manchester last year by train. Very much like the country mouse goes to town story for kids. As someone who avoids Lancaster on Saturdays because there's simply way too many people you can guess what I made of Manchester. I could have stayed to look around but I didn't like it and got the first train home I could after doing the business I went there to do. :| Just don't do lots of people very well these days.
peetee

Post by peetee »

I was in Southampton last week and I am not looking forward to the next visit. The traffic at most times of day was dire. One evening I had to drive approx 3.5 miles and, because of a problem on the nearby motorway, it took me 1 3/4 hours :evil: :cry: What made it even more frustrating was that I had a 450 mile drive the next day.
While the situation was exacerbated by the motorway issue I can’t see it’s going to be any different every day within a short space of time. There is considerable residential development in the area and the congestion at peak times is going to flood local roads.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

Sitting on the north bank of the Thames looking at the mysterious foreign land of South London, still feels like home.

Except it's all been gentrified and I don't have a single family member, including myself, living inside the M25 anymore.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Leafy suburb mouse
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

Live in a hamlet/village of 5 houses, enjoy a trip to the local major metropolis (Edinburgh) as well though.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Just moved into a smaller settlement and it's so nice here. While grubbing out a tree stump in the front garden I am getting a greeting and friendly conversations with most of the passing people. A lot of friendly people. Also some friendly advice through to jokey advice. At least I'm getting my face out there in a new community. Just the right amount of people. That will change soon when the COVID lockdown fully opens up. It's a little bit of a tourist area too.