Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
User avatar
georgew
Posts: 1526
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 4:23pm

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby georgew » 30 Mar 2020, 3:07pm

For those who are at all interested in learning the facts about the case (damn few it seems), I recommend this piece from Craig Murray, a former British Ambassador who has monitored the Salmond case.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... jaccuse-2/

Ben@Forest
Posts: 2559
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 5:58pm

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby Ben@Forest » 30 Mar 2020, 3:50pm

georgew wrote:For those who are at all interested in learning the facts about the case (damn few it seems), I recommend this piece from Craig Murray, a former British Ambassador who has monitored the Salmond case.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... jaccuse-2/


Murray has an agenda, as much as any pro-unionist commentator, and his agenda includes what is essentially a unilateral declaratio of Scottish independence. With support (or not) for independence so closely poised this would seem to be the rashest of proposals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.craigm ... abard/amp/

Furthermore Murray blamed Israel for the Skripal poisonings in Salisbury. To take Murray at his word is chancey at best.

User avatar
georgew
Posts: 1526
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 4:23pm

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby georgew » 31 Mar 2020, 8:42am

Ben@Forest wrote:
georgew wrote:For those who are at all interested in learning the facts about the case (damn few it seems), I recommend this piece from Craig Murray, a former British Ambassador who has monitored the Salmond case.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... jaccuse-2/


[b]Murray has an agenda, as much as any pro-unionist commentator,[/b] and his agenda includes what is essentially a unilateral declaratio of Scottish independence. With support (or not) for independence so closely poised this would seem to be the rashest of proposals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.craigm ... abard/amp/

Furthermore Murray blamed Israel for the Skripal poisonings in Salisbury. To take Murray at his word is chancey at best.



I'm not sure that this would be a secret to any informed person.

Again......you do understand that this matter concerns two opposing groups....both of which are SNP....right. Both of these support independence so what Murray being "pro-independence" has to do with it I have no idea.

Craig Murray also has personal experience of being smeared by MI5 when he was the UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan and had the temerity to complain of the UK's complicity in torture by that country's authorities.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... npolicy.uk

Bonefishblues
Posts: 8459
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby Bonefishblues » 4 Apr 2020, 8:42am


User avatar
georgew
Posts: 1526
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 4:23pm

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby georgew » 4 Apr 2020, 1:16pm




That was the honourable thing to do of course.......probably followed the examples of all those Ministers in Government when they committed huge cock-ups.......oh....hang-on a minute..........

Bonefishblues
Posts: 8459
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby Bonefishblues » 4 Apr 2020, 1:20pm

georgew wrote:



That was the honourable thing to do of course.......probably followed the examples of all those Ministers in Government when they committed huge cock-ups.......oh....hang-on a minute..........

Cock-up vs professional malpractice is an interesting debate I think.

User avatar
georgew
Posts: 1526
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 4:23pm

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby georgew » 6 Apr 2020, 7:02pm

Bonefishblues wrote:
georgew wrote:



That was the honourable thing to do of course.......probably followed the examples of all those Ministers in Government when they committed huge cock-ups.......oh....hang-on a minute..........

Cock-up vs professional malpractice is an interesting debate I think.



In the Salmond case...given there are texts and the creation of an Instagram account in order to co-ordinate the accusations by the accusers against the defendant.......a cock-up seems a wee bit unlikely.

Bonefishblues
Posts: 8459
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby Bonefishblues » 6 Apr 2020, 7:08pm

georgew wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
georgew wrote:

That was the honourable thing to do of course.......probably followed the examples of all those Ministers in Government when they committed huge cock-ups.......oh....hang-on a minute..........

Cock-up vs professional malpractice is an interesting debate I think.



In the Salmond case...given there are texts and the creation of an Instagram account in order to co-ordinate the accusations by the accusers against the defendant.......a cock-up seems a wee bit unlikely.

I was talking about Ministers who make bad errors in Government vs the Advocate who breached his professional code. I wasn't talking about anything to do with conspiracies real or otherwise against Salmond, as you also weren't in the post I responded to?

User avatar
georgew
Posts: 1526
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 4:23pm

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby georgew » 7 Apr 2020, 9:06am

Bonefishblues wrote:
georgew wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Cock-up vs professional malpractice is an interesting debate I think.



In the Salmond case...given there are texts and the creation of an Instagram account in order to co-ordinate the accusations by the accusers against the defendant.......a cock-up seems a wee bit unlikely.

I was talking about Ministers who make bad errors in Government vs the Advocate who breached his professional code.[b] I wasn't talking about anything to do with conspiracies real or otherwise against Salmond, as you also weren't in the post I responded to?[/b]



What a relief.......

User avatar
Tinnishill
Posts: 166
Joined: 15 Sep 2013, 9:58am

Re: Alex Salmond - court case concluded

Postby Tinnishill » 25 Apr 2020, 11:38am

I see that the secondary court proceedings have started,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52412137
Agitate, educate, organise.