Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
landsurfer

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Post by landsurfer »

pwa wrote:She has a baby boy who won't be a baby any more one day, and she could spend sixteen years or more telling him what a brave and noble fighter his father was. A problem stored up.

And possibly Granny was not too safe a pair of hands bringing mummy up ... !!!
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pwa wrote:]
She has a baby boy who won't be a baby any more one day, and she could spend sixteen years or more telling him what a brave and noble fighter his father was. A problem stored up.

Or she could see the error of her ways,bring the boy up to be a model citizen where he later finds a cure for cancer.....

Life is a risk,there are many with the 'wrong' start who turn out good.There's simply no guarantee of anything in life.But one thing is a fact,the boy's mother is a UK citizen and as such as a legal right to live in the UK,she is also subject to UK law should she return,the child is innocent of any wrongdoings and should be accepted as such.

One thing is for sure this young woman has seen more trauma in her 19 years than most people see in a lifetime including losing two of her three children,which of course can affect her in the positive as much as the negative.
Last edited by reohn2 on 18 Feb 2019, 6:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

landsurfer wrote:
pwa wrote:She has a baby boy who won't be a baby any more one day, and she could spend sixteen years or more telling him what a brave and noble fighter his father was. A problem stored up.

There are many people who shouldn't be trusted looking after a dog let alone bring up a human being,they 'live among us' unfettered and are of any or no religion
W H Auden
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

pwa wrote:and she could spend sixteen years or more telling him what a brave and noble fighter his father was. A problem stored up.

If we haven't sorted the problem out in the next 16 years then more fool us.

Mind you, we're doing a pss poor job of sorting anything out so perhaps...
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Mick F wrote:
NUKe wrote:
tatanab wrote:Press reports say the child has been born. Does this child hold the nationality of the mother (British), father (Dutch) or place of birth? Again a real question because I do not know how these things work.

None until it’s registered, but it potentially has the right to all 3, under international law.
Yep, but it's more complicated if you take the argument to extreme.

If my parents were astronauts, and I was born on Mars, would that make me a Martian?
Christ was born in a stable. Did that make Him a horse?

The child has been born from a British mother and a Dutch father. The fact that the child was born in a foreign country at the time, doesn't dictate specific nationality.

Under international law it is allowed to adopt the country of either of its parents or can take the state in which the child was born. In your extreme case assuming mars was a state then yes you could become a Martian, if Mars was not a state then if the spaceship was under a different flag then you could potentially be of that nationality
NUKe

Post by landsurfer »

reohn2 wrote:
landsurfer wrote:

There are many people who shouldn't be trusted looking after a dog let alone bring up a human being,they 'live among us' unfettered and are of any or no religion

Don't i know. The 3 children in our care and the 1 that was previously placed with us are a case in point. According to the Grauniad granny brought mummy up in a strict Islamic household. All that was western was evil. How were the seeds ever sown .....
Be more Mike.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

landsurfer wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
landsurfer wrote:

Don't i know. The 3 children in our care and the 1 that was previously placed with us are a case in point. According to the Grauniad granny brought mummy up in a strict Islamic household. All that was western was evil. How were the seeds ever sown .....

I was brought up Christian but later saw behind the charade,it took a while but I got there in the end :wink:
W H Auden
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

reohn2 wrote:I was brought up Christian but later saw behind the charade,it took a while but I got there in the end :wink:

Agree on that .. Religion is a control tool.
Be more Mike.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

landsurfer wrote:
reohn2 wrote:I was brought up Christian but later saw behind the charade,it took a while but I got there in the end :wink:

Agree on that .. Religion is a control tool.

And paradoxically she and many others have the opportunity to see that even from within their own religion.
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

landsurfer wrote: .. Religion is a control tool.
Religion CAN be a control tool, but not always by any means.
Mick F. Cornwall
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Mick F wrote:

Agree. It is possible to retain independent thinking and have a faith. Not always easy, perhaps, and requiring constant reassessment of ideas. But that is essential anyway.
John
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote:
Mick F wrote:

Agree. It is possible to retain independent thinking and have a faith. Not always easy, perhaps, and requiring constant reassessment of ideas. But that is essential anyway.

The major obsticle to that is book worship ie; the belief that whatever the religion it's scriptures are the Word of God,in the case of Christianity The Holy Bible and in Islam The Koran.
Once that is a religion's major tenet,independent thinking is against those religions beliefs.
W H Auden
pwa

Post by pwa »

This young woman gets her "beliefs" from books. If it is in the book it is okay. She says she saw severed heads in bins but was told that was okay because Islam allows it, and she took that as gospel. No questioning. No personal conscience. The book says this, so this is what we do. I was brought up in a religious (RC) family, and not for one moment did anyone in my family have that attitude of absolute unquestioning obedience. To us, even the word of the Pope could be questioned, and was.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

pwa wrote:I was brought up in a religious (RC) family, and not for one moment did anyone in my family have that attitude of absolute unquestioning obedience. To us, even the word of the Pope could be questioned, and was.

I'm guessing you're not a fundamentalist then? :wink:

Muslim, Christian, Jewish - if you're a fundamentalist then what your book says can be taken as gospel and isn't open for interpretation (well, not yours at any rate).

Of course fundamentalists are still human, so they cherry pick out the stuff they believe. How else do you think fundamentalist Christians are one of Trumps biggest supporters?
Hate the sin, not the sinner blah blah...
pwa

Post by pwa »

Fundamentalism is the problem. It exists in all sorts of crede, religious, political, whatever. But in our own world, at this moment in time, Islamic fundamentalism is a particular problem. I hope it will subside over time, and normal peaceful Islam (various flavours) will continue without the nasty worrying fringe element.