Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
roubaixtuesday
Posts: 2561
Joined: 18 Aug 2015, 7:05pm

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby roubaixtuesday » 7 Feb 2020, 7:47pm

How we treat people like Begum defines what sort of people we are.

Writing insults about her on a website demeans the writer; the country removing her rights without due process demeans the country and enables more similar acts. You may regret it when they come for you.

Wishing death on her children, as some here seem to? I wonder what is so missing in your life that you feel the need to do such.

My final word on the subject. Peace to all, here and in Syria.

landsurfer
Posts: 5081
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 9:13pm
Location: Rotherham

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby landsurfer » 7 Feb 2020, 8:10pm

100%JR wrote:
landsurfer wrote:Because Begum was born here does not mean she has the right to remain.

Exactly.She chose her path and now she has to deal with it.

roubaixtuesday wrote:This whole thing is an obvious political stunt; HMG know very well they will ultimately lose and are fighting the case purely to appear tough to their voter base.
That this has resulted in the death of a child is of no concern to them.
It's sickening.

Sickening?Hardly.
No.Sh!t happens.
She chose to go there.
She chose to knock out a few kids.
The fact they died his her fault and her fault alone.

The bleeding heart brigade strikes again.
She's scum,she is no longer a British Citizen let her and any more of her offspring rot wherever they are.


100% landsurfer ..Totally right JR ..... !!
The Road Goes On Forever

reohn2
Posts: 37425
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby reohn2 » 7 Feb 2020, 8:15pm

She's still a UK citizen and as such should be tried in the UK of any offences committed.
As for keeping our families safe see Vorpal's post about child sexual abuse up thread.See also my post about drug dealers apprehended out of the country,drug dealers and child sex abusers in the UK are causing more harm to families in a year than terrorists do in ten
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

landsurfer
Posts: 5081
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 9:13pm
Location: Rotherham

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby landsurfer » 7 Feb 2020, 8:19pm

reohn2 wrote:She's still a UK citizen and as such should be tried in the UK of any offences committed.
As for keeping our families safe see Vorpal's post about child sexual abuse up thread.See also my post about drug dealers apprehended out of the country,drug dealers and child sex abusers are causing more harm to families in a year than terrorists in ten


No S**t Sherlock .... you now have a degree in stating the bloody obvious ..... lets just ignore all terrorist actions .... until the bombs go off in the buses where you live .... then we'll see a different type of post on here ....
You've never lost anyone to terrorism have you ... or drugs ... or had a child sexually abused have you ......

And to all of those who have posted in the sprit of the perpetually offended .... grow up !!
The Road Goes On Forever

reohn2
Posts: 37425
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby reohn2 » 7 Feb 2020, 8:21pm

landsurfer wrote:
reohn2 wrote:She's still a UK citizen and as such should be tried in the UK of any offences committed.
As for keeping our families safe see Vorpal's post about child sexual abuse up thread.See also my post about drug dealers apprehended out of the country,drug dealers and child sex abusers are causing more harm to families in a year than terrorists in ten


No S**t Sherlock .... you now have a degree in stating the bloody obvious ..... lets just ignore all terrorist actions .... until the bombs go off in the busses where you live .... then we'll see a different type of post on here .... You've never lost any to terrorism have you ... or drugs ... or had a child sexually abused have you ......And to all of those who have posted in the sprit of the perpetually offended :roll: :roll: :roll:

Have a nice day.
Last edited by reohn2 on 7 Feb 2020, 8:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

PH
Posts: 8103
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby PH » 7 Feb 2020, 8:25pm

100%JR wrote:She's scum,she is no longer a British Citizen let her and any more of her offspring rot wherever they are.

If anyone really doesn't understand why things don't get better ^^^ There's your answer :roll:

landsurfer
Posts: 5081
Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 9:13pm
Location: Rotherham

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby landsurfer » 7 Feb 2020, 8:35pm

PH wrote:
100%JR wrote:She's scum,she is no longer a British Citizen let her and any more of her offspring rot wherever they are.

If anyone really doesn't understand why things don't get better ^^^ There's your answer :roll:


I'm with 100%JR ......
The Road Goes On Forever

PH
Posts: 8103
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby PH » 7 Feb 2020, 8:45pm

landsurfer wrote:
PH wrote:
100%JR wrote:She's scum,she is no longer a British Citizen let her and any more of her offspring rot wherever they are.

If anyone really doesn't understand why things don't get better ^^^ There's your answer :roll:


I'm with 100%JR ......

I'm not with anyone, I'm opposed to those who believe there are simple answers. There are huge injustices taking place in Syria, war crimes, thousands of civilians dead, chemical warfare, hospitals targeted, the Western Governments stirred it up when they thought it was to their advantage and abandoned it when it stopped going their way. If some naive young woman thought she could make a difference for the better by going out there, she was wrong, in the scale of things it's hardly the biggest wrong. If you want to stop radicalisation in the UK, not feeding them propaganda would be a start.

reohn2
Posts: 37425
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby reohn2 » 7 Feb 2020, 10:40pm

PH wrote:I'm not with anyone, I'm opposed to those who believe there are simple answers. There are huge injustices taking place in Syria, war crimes, thousands of civilians dead, chemical warfare, hospitals targeted, the Western Governments stirred it up when they thought it was to their advantage and abandoned it when it stopped going their way. If some naive young woman thought she could make a difference for the better by going out there, she was wrong, in the scale of things it's hardly the biggest wrong. If you want to stop radicalisation in the UK, not feeding them propaganda would be a start.

Spot on!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

pwa
Posts: 11226
Joined: 2 Oct 2011, 8:55pm

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby pwa » 8 Feb 2020, 7:55am

PH wrote:
landsurfer wrote:
PH wrote:If anyone really doesn't understand why things don't get better ^^^ There's your answer :roll:


I'm with 100%JR ......

I'm not with anyone, I'm opposed to those who believe there are simple answers. There are huge injustices taking place in Syria, war crimes, thousands of civilians dead, chemical warfare, hospitals targeted, the Western Governments stirred it up when they thought it was to their advantage and abandoned it when it stopped going their way. If some naive young woman thought she could make a difference for the better by going out there, she was wrong, in the scale of things it's hardly the biggest wrong. If you want to stop radicalisation in the UK, not feeding them propaganda would be a start.

I'm in favour of bringing back all ISIS people of UK origin because they are our mess to deal with, nobody else's. But let's not underestimate the wrong those people did. They joined a movement that in terms of inhumanity was as bad as Nazi Germany, and they had access to that information when they left. That is what they signed up to. I'd gladly see the adults rot, but we should take responsibility for our own criminals and make space in our own prisons for them.

Their children are children and should be treated as such.

merseymouth
Posts: 1375
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 11:16am

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby merseymouth » 8 Feb 2020, 8:08am

As someone of an ageing generation I am reminded of the advice given when folk went outside the pail with their own foolish choice of path in life,
- "You made your bed, now lie in it"!
She wanted to opinion viewed at that of an adult, not viewing herself as a child, ignoring the warnings given about travel to the area which would be thought of as giving support to the enemies of her own country!
She wanted adult freedom, well she got it, with all of the nasty consequences, Tuff. MM

pwa
Posts: 11226
Joined: 2 Oct 2011, 8:55pm

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby pwa » 8 Feb 2020, 8:16am

merseymouth wrote:As someone of an ageing generation I am reminded of the advice given when folk went outside the pail with their own foolish choice of path in life,
- "You made your bed, now lie in it"!
She wanted to opinion viewed at that of an adult, not viewing herself as a child, ignoring the warnings given about travel to the area which would be thought of as giving support to the enemies of her own country!
She wanted adult freedom, well she got it, with all of the nasty consequences, Tuff. MM

I agree entirely and share your feelings about her, but I am also considering the people whose home is the land where she is living. It isn't fair on them to have to deal with our criminals. We should bring the UK jihadis back and lock them away for a long time in our prisons so that the Syrians can start rebuilding their war torn country. If it were just about her, I'd leave her where she is and not give it another thought.

Oldjohnw
Posts: 2839
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby Oldjohnw » 8 Feb 2020, 8:37am

She should, of course, have due process. Then receive whatever sentence the law demands.
John

User avatar
661-Pete
Posts: 9454
Joined: 22 Nov 2012, 8:45pm
Location: Sussex

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby 661-Pete » 8 Feb 2020, 8:51am

landsurfer wrote:Because Begum was born here does not mean she has the right to remain.
I see.

I was born in England of naturalised British parents. There is a difference between me and Ms Begum - I am not under suspicion of any criminal offence, AFAIK. But still - if it all goes pear-shaped - where would you like me to be 'sent back' to?

Hint: <SNIP - better NOT to construct a target ? >
Last edited by Graham on 8 Feb 2020, 8:57am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SNIP
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

pwa
Posts: 11226
Joined: 2 Oct 2011, 8:55pm

Re: Jihadi Brides and their Children.

Postby pwa » 8 Feb 2020, 9:00am

661-Pete wrote:
landsurfer wrote:Because Begum was born here does not mean she has the right to remain.
I see.

I was born in England of naturalised British parents. There is a difference between me and Ms Begum - I am not under suspicion of any criminal offence, AFAIK. But still - if it all goes pear-shaped - where would you like me to be 'sent back' to?

Hint: "Auschwitz" is not an acceptable answer.... :evil:

If I were in your position and thought there might be any doubt in the future I would get a UK passport ASAP, just to be on the safe(r) side. But I think you and I would both conclude that on the balance of the evidence the young woman is ours to deal with, nobody else's.