We're getting a puppy

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: We're getting a puppy

Post by Mick F »

Latest photo.
Sailor Chair 1.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Latest photo taken by the barmaid in The Rising Sun. :D
She gives him biscuits when I drink Dartmoor Legend.

IMG_0023.JPG
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Calls for a speech bubble! Over to MM...

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

It's usually "Hello Sailor!"
Also, "Touch your collar for luck?"

:D
Mick F. Cornwall
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

I like dogs, a lot. But I don't want to have to care for one or pick up it's mess. So I don't have one. I'm not so keen on many dog owners. Most, IMO, don't have the slightest idea how to look after or train their animal. A well trained, cared for dog as a companion must be a delight. Most are nothing of the sort. I have a regular running route nearby. A forest track that I love to run in, if not out on the bike. I've had to give up using it because of out of control dogs. off the lead and the owner busy on the phone or shouting uselessly after them. I've been attacked too many times. Not to mention all the dog poo littering the place.
As a boy I lived on the small family farm in Ireland. The dog slept in an open barn. When i left the house to go wandering or bring cattle in from a field, it would look up, stretch, yawn and come over to trot alongside me for the duration of my trip. Happy times and I was lucky to experience 'A boy and his dog'.
The fashionable, hysterical, nonstop barking creatures, I see paraded around my area, bear no resemblance to that loyal laid back canine friend from my childhood.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Mick F wrote:Latest photo.Sailor Chair 1.jpg

ears are rather over sized?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I'll get the scissors out then. :lol:

He's a tremendous personality, and his ears are just part of it.
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
bigjim wrote:I like dogs, a lot. But I don't want to have to care for one or pick up it's mess. So I don't have one. I'm not so keen on many dog owners. Most, IMO, don't have the slightest idea how to look after or train their animal. A well trained, cared for dog as a companion must be a delight. Most are nothing of the sort. I have a regular running route nearby. A forest track that I love to run in, if not out on the bike. I've had to give up using it because of out of control dogs. off the lead and the owner busy on the phone or shouting uselessly after them. I've been attacked too many times. Not to mention all the dog poo littering the place.
As a boy I lived on the small family farm in Ireland. The dog slept in an open barn. When i left the house to go wandering or bring cattle in from a field, it would look up, stretch, yawn and come over to trot alongside me for the duration of my trip. Happy times and I was lucky to experience 'A boy and his dog'.
The fashionable, hysterical, nonstop barking creatures, I see paraded around my area, bear no resemblance to that loyal laid back canine friend from my childhood.

We owned dogs for nearly 25 years...........we don't at the moment.
But now we have all are neighbour's cats :x
Owning your own dogs and cats is different from neighbour's cats.
Cat poo in our gardens which I have to pick up.......................dead birds.
Our dogs kept 99% of cats and some dogs away, the same cannot be said today.

The difference is that you can pick up a dog poo if you are looking after your dog.
The same cannot be said for cats...............

Sorry I seem to have gone on a rant about cats, my bad :oops:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.