Fantastic!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Fantastic!

Post by reohn2 »

-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Re: Fantastic!

Post by Bonefishblues »

:Grumpy bloke mode on:

She did seem to spend quite a lot of time, well, falling off/over/down.

:And off:

Many congratulations to her on becoming champion :D
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote::Grumpy bloke mode on:

Indeed

She did seem to spend quite a lot of time, well, falling off/over/down.

:And off:

She's TEN YEARS OLD! :?

Many congratulations to her on becoming champion :D

Indeed! :)
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

But British Champion - and I don't think she was entered in the 10 and under event was she :wink:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

BTW,I saw an intrview with Tony Hawk(long time top skateboarder) who said she's the best he's seen for someone twice her age.
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

She is supposed to be something of a phenomenon - not least because being so very tiny means she can do stuff others can't.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:She is supposed to be something of a phenomenon - not least because being so very tiny means she can do stuff others can't.

For me it's her skill and comitment at such a young age,she's like a gifted musician or gymnast
W H Auden
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

Hopefully we are living in enlightened enough times to ensure she is properly looked after and prepared for the lows as well as the highs.
I wouldn't want to put a weight of expectation onto a 10 year old. Best of luck to her.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Aye, and I hope there aren't pushy parents behind her.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

iandriver wrote:Hopefully we are living in enlightened enough times to ensure she is properly looked after and prepared for the lows as well as the highs.
I wouldn't want to put a weight of expectation onto a 10 year old. Best of luck to her.

I agree,and hope her parents have their feet firmly on the ground,that said encouragement of such sports skills aren't limited to skateboarding.We watched some of the gymnastics on TV last week,there were some very young gymnasts in evidence.
Non as young as 10 granted,but young nevertheless,and Iam concerned for the physical stress and strain on such young bodies,not to mention the mental stress.
W H Auden
peetee

Post by peetee »

Brill.
While the vast majority of kids of her age are staring at screen 24/7 and need epic levels of persuasion to get out the front door due to zero levels of physical motivation she gets out there, tries, tries and tries again.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

iandriver wrote:Hopefully we are living in enlightened enough times to ensure she is properly looked after and prepared for the lows as well as the highs.

I think she's been at this for a while, and seems to have a better attitude about than most adults I know. I follow Tony Hawk on social media, and he posted some videos of her as long ago as two years.
This one is a little more recent...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=to ... &FORM=VIRE
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Vorpal wrote:

I think she's been at this for a while, and seems to have a better attitude about than most adults I know. I follow Tony Hawk on social media, and he posted some videos of her as long ago as two years.
This one is a little more recent...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=to ... &FORM=VIRE

Thanks for that great video :D .
W H Auden