Mamil bikes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
iandriver

Re: Mamil bikes

Post by iandriver »

Bowled Over Lycra Lovely On.... Nope, with R2. Give up....
Last edited by iandriver on 21 Apr 2019, 3:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

One last try...

Men In Nasty Garments Including Norco Gear.

Cycling in Huge Undergarments Men Pedalling Sedately.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
peetee

Post by peetee »

It's a bit tongue in cheek but I fit into the following group;
Take Old School Steel Every Ride.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

PH wrote:
scottg wrote:Maybe the CTC can come with some "Not Approved for CTC use" stickers
we can put on such bikes ?

All bikes are welcome on the CTC Member Group rides I do.

And here. Some ride heavy duty tourers, some ultra-expensive carbon race reps, many will of course own both and choose according to "event", weather etc. Discs are becoming increasingly popular. Of c.24 on yesterday's mid-week Ride, everything from carbon/steel/titanium/aluminium. Value probably from a few '00 quid to 5 grand. Long may such diversity flourish. The racing Clubs are obviously totally dominated by carbon/electronic shifting/discs.
atoz

Post by atoz »

Judging from a fair few people doing the Tour de Yorkshire sportive, the trick is for the bike to be black- to go with the clothing, perhaps. .but actually I' not complaining, as they were busy blowing their hard earned cash in the local cafes and contributing to the local economy in God's own..