CTC transport?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 45560
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

CTC transport?

Postby Mick F » 7 May 2019, 11:37am

What about this registration number for CTC employees or members?
IMG_0235.jpg
Seen locally yesterday.
Mick F. Cornwall

User avatar
Lance Dopestrong
Posts: 1227
Joined: 18 Sep 2014, 1:52pm

Re: CTC transport?

Postby Lance Dopestrong » 7 May 2019, 1:10pm

Nice idea Mick. You should buy it for me immediately :wink:
https://themediocrecyclist.home.blog
Self employed MIAS L5.B Instructor.
Warwickshire Lowland Rescue Bike lead.
IPMBA certified member.
Cyctech C2 hammer and crowbar bodger.
Lapsed CTC Ride Leader, amateur hour stuff from the fun old days.

User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 45560
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

Re: CTC transport?

Postby Mick F » 7 May 2019, 1:37pm

It's a Morgan I think. Far out of my price range I'm afraid!

Seen at the Harrowbarrow May Fest at the village hall yesterday afternoon.
Mick F. Cornwall

User avatar
Cunobelin
Posts: 9175
Joined: 6 Feb 2007, 7:22pm

Re: CTC transport?

Postby Cunobelin » 7 May 2019, 9:35pm

Mick F wrote:It's a Morgan I think. Far out of my price range I'm afraid!

Seen at the Harrowbarrow May Fest at the village hall yesterday afternoon.



There have been quite a few cases where the plate is worth more than the car bearing it

User avatar
Cunobelin
Posts: 9175
Joined: 6 Feb 2007, 7:22pm

Re: CTC transport?

Postby Cunobelin » 7 May 2019, 9:42pm

I am an old fan of "The Prisoner"

When I retire I am going to blow the lot on a Caterham, despite the third-degree burns due to the internally routed exhaust

Image


All I need to do is gain the wife's appoval

francovendee
Posts: 838
Joined: 5 May 2009, 6:32am

Re: CTC transport?

Postby francovendee » 8 May 2019, 8:36am

Cunobelin wrote:I am an old fan of "The Prisoner"

When I retire I am going to blow the lot on a Caterham, despite the third-degree burns due to the internally routed exhaust

Image


All I need to do is gain the wife's appoval

Good luck with getting approval. I know what reaction I'd get :(

User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 45560
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

Re: CTC transport?

Postby Mick F » 8 May 2019, 9:20am

Better off with a Westfield.
Buy the bare kit and build it.
As you can afford it, buy the wheels and tyres, then buy the engine and gearbox etc.
Secondhand mechanical parts will keep the costs way down. Loads of engine and gearbox options you can source from your local scrappy.

https://westfield-sportscars.co.uk/show ... its-range/
Mick F. Cornwall

User avatar
Cunobelin
Posts: 9175
Joined: 6 Feb 2007, 7:22pm

Re: CTC transport?

Postby Cunobelin » 15 May 2019, 6:38pm

francovendee wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:I am an old fan of "The Prisoner"

When I retire I am going to blow the lot on a Caterham, despite the third-degree burns due to the internally routed exhaust

Image


All I need to do is gain the wife's appoval

Good luck with getting approval. I know what reaction I'd get :(


Ironically with a Kettwiesel, 2 Gekko, Catrike, Huricane and Street Machine between us I cannot complain about her allowing me the occasional extravagance

User avatar
Cugel
Posts: 2056
Joined: 13 Nov 2017, 11:14am

Re: CTC transport?

Postby Cugel » 15 May 2019, 10:44pm

Cunobelin wrote:
francovendee wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:I am an old fan of "The Prisoner"

When I retire I am going to blow the lot on a Caterham, despite the third-degree burns due to the internally routed exhaust

Image


All I need to do is gain the wife's appoval

Good luck with getting approval. I know what reaction I'd get :(


Ironically with a Kettwiesel, 2 Gekko, Catrike, Huricane and Street Machine between us I cannot complain about her allowing me the occasional extravagance


Do you vant to buy a booblecar?

Cugel, without one to sell.

rmurphy195
Posts: 1339
Joined: 20 May 2011, 11:23am
Location: South Birmingham

Re: CTC transport?

Postby rmurphy195 » 18 May 2019, 12:52am

Cunobelin wrote:I am an old fan of "The Prisoner"

When I retire I am going to blow the lot on a Caterham, despite the third-degree burns due to the internally routed exhaust

Image


All I need to do is gain the wife's appoval


Always was my dream too - until I had a go in one on the track, then went out as a passenger in my friends Westfield (similar car), and looked around a second hand one.

I asked my frined why he kept a golf brolly strapped to the back of his Westy - "If it rains I pull over into a layby, put the brolly up and wait for it to stop"!

The prospective purchase had a full weather kit included, which was hanging up in the guys garage - so I asked "how do you carry that lot in the car" "I don't, its either fitted or hanging in the garage"!

I decied that these options weren't practical enough for me to go on hoiday or commute in the car, it would end up as a (very nice) toy in the garage. At least with the MX5 I can quickly pull the hood up when it starts raining (or leave it down over 40mph in the rain!), keep my elbows out of the spray, don't have to sit in a puddle after parking it in the rain, and don't get stranded on road humps as my friends Westie did one day exiting the firms car park! And we can go on holiday in it with a small amount of luggage, or I can take the Brompton somewhere different, safely locked in the boot.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and grey hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !

User avatar
Mick F
Spambuster
Posts: 45560
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:24am
Location: Tamar Valley, Cornwall

Re: CTC transport?

Postby Mick F » 27 May 2019, 7:43am

Saw a car yesterday with an interesting registration number.
The driver was obviously a cyclist! :D

CYC115T
Mick F. Cornwall