Would be interesting to compare who people voted for with the national results?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Would be interesting to compare who people voted for with the national results?

Post by mercalia »

Would be interesting to compare with the national results?
Last edited by mercalia on 23 May 2019, 12:53pm, edited 2 times in total.
fossala

Re: Who Did You Vote for in the EU Elections?

Post by fossala »

When was the last time a parliamentary party represented the views of the masses?

What is the public's view on war and imperialism? Doesn't matter, war is profitable.

What is the public's view on energy and climate change? Doesn't matter fossil fuels are profitable.

Do the public think the NHS, prison systems, schools and other public services should be privatised? Generally no, but they'll do it anyway.

On top of this there is no left voice for Brexit. I voted to leave the capalist, imperialist and protectionist pact but there is no one to represent my views.

TLDR; I'm not voting.
Debs

Post by Debs »

We take this as an England only poll,

but what about people who vote for the Green Party, Change UK, and stinky kipper?
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

fossala wrote:When was the last time a parliamentary party represented the views of the masses?

What is the public's view on war and imperialism? Doesn't matter, war is profitable.

What is the public's view on energy and climate change? Doesn't matter fossil fuels are profitable.

Do the public think the NHS, prison systems, schools and other public services should be privatised? Generally no, but they'll do it anyway.

On top of this there is no left voice for Brexit. I voted to leave the capalist, imperialist and protectionist pact but there is no one to represent my views.

TLDR; I'm not voting.

Ha! Quite so. I've often felt similar disinclinations to participate as a cipher within the red-blue klownshow. Even your feelings about the EU have some basis but....

....pragmatically I feel the need to belong to some form of effective capitalist, imperialist and protectionist organisation as it will be needed to fight off the worse ones in the USA, Russia and China (amongst others).

On the other hand, the political and national boundary thing is already a pipsqueak of a problem compared to that of our impending self-extinction. The capitalist, imperialist and protectionist cabals will be continuing the descent into hell in a handcart (a SUV, more likely) whatever labels and colours we or they stick on themselves. I am doing so myself in a SUV that is at least electric ..... but it's still going to hell.

I have a kapz thingy on one bike which reads: "On the Road to Ruin, via the scenic route". It's all we have left, the scenery. Soon be gone.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Debs wrote:We take this as an England only poll,

but what about people who vote for the Green Party, Change UK, and stinky kipper?

well they are either leave or remainers? except for the stinky kipper ? ( is that a real party? if so who cares about them?)

The SNP are remainers? so not just about England
Last edited by mercalia on 23 May 2019, 12:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
fossala

Post by fossala »

Cugel wrote:
fossala wrote:When was the last time a parliamentary party represented the views of the masses?

TLDR; I'm not voting.

Ha! Quite so. I've often felt similar disinclinations to participate as a cipher within the red-blue klownshow. Even your feelings about the EU have some basis but....

....pragmatically I feel the need to belong to some form of effective capitalist, imperialist and protectionist organisation as it will be needed to fight off the worse ones in the USA, Russia and China (amongst others).

On the other hand, the political and national boundary thing is already a pipsqueak of a problem compared to that of our impending self-extinction. The capitalist, imperialist and protectionist cabals will be continuing the descent into hell in a handcart (a SUV, more likely) whatever labels and colours we or they stick on themselves. I am doing so myself in a SUV that is at least electric ..... but it's still going to hell.

I have a kapz thingy on one bike which reads: "On the Road to Ruin, via the scenic route". It's all we have left, the scenery. Soon be gone.

Cugel

I understand the want for a union to help keep us safe from other imperialist forces but the impact of this union and it's protectionism has huge implications on other less affluent countries. I obviously want myself and my family to be safe but not at the expense of other families.

I'm 30, the only hope I have of having a safe life is by reorganising society away from infinite growth. growth for growths sake even at a detriment is philosophy of cancer.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mrs Mick F spoiled her ballot paper, and I voted for the Brexit party.
Mick F. Cornwall
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

I believe it is illegal to publish who you've voted for on election day.

Section 66A of the Representation of the People Act 1983, as well as banning exit polls, states that it is illegal to publish “any statement relating to the way in which voters have voted at the election where that statement is (or might reasonably be taken to be) based on information given by voters after they have voted”.

I will suggest to mods the thread is taken down.
fossala

Post by fossala »

Mick F wrote:Mrs Mick F spoiled her ballot paper, and I voted for the Brexit party.

I though you where an ex labour voter? Voting for a far right party is a big swing? The last GE I spoiled my ballot, I may pop down this afternoon to do so again.
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

None of them.

It pains me not to vote, but I want no part in electing any of my local candidates to elected office, such is my distaste for either them or their parties. There is no comedy alternative to fritter my vote on, so it remains firmly in my pocket this time around.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

roubaixtuesday wrote:I believe it is illegal to publish who you've voted for on election day.

Section 66A of the Representation of the People Act 1983, as well as banning exit polls, states that it is illegal to publish “any statement relating to the way in which voters have voted at the election where that statement is (or might reasonably be taken to be) based on information given by voters after they have voted”.

not sure if this counts as an exit poll, has no predictive capability which is the roll of an exit poll? But by all means remove this if it offends some one or thougth to be suspect so have removed the poll
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

mercalia wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:I believe it is illegal to publish who you've voted for on election day.

not sure if this counts as an exit poll, has no predictive capability which is the roll of an exit poll? But by all means remove this if it offends some one or thougth to be suspect so have removed the poll

I'm not offended in the least - It's just against the law (as I understand it).