Tory leader - place your bets

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
stu1102

Re: Tory leader - place your bets

Post by stu1102 »

lets just remember in regards to the Tory leader contest once it goes out to Tory party members to vote that:

0.25 % of the population (i.e. total of tory party members) 81% of whom did not vote conservative* in the European elections will vote in the next prime minister

* they voted for Brexit party
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Bonefishblues wrote:..............I think that their sister's the pick of the bunch tbh.

When I read your post, I thought that you may be serious. I didn't know that Boris had a sister. I looked her up on wikki. Now I know that you were joking - a sick joke perhaps, but how crass is this nation becoming?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

JohnW wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:..............I think that their sister's the pick of the bunch tbh.

When I read your post, I thought that you may be serious. I didn't know that Boris had a sister. I looked her up on wikki. Now I know that you were joking - a sick joke perhaps, but how crass is this nation becoming?

maye be was thinking of rheese mogey - he has a sister in the Brexit party
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

No, I was thinking about Rachel Johnson. I find her insights informative. Why might I be joking about that, or thinking about someone completely different?
Debs

Post by Debs »

Bonefishblues wrote:No, I was thinking about Rachel Johnson.?

Yes Rachel is seriously cool, but she wouldn't make such a convincing BoJo doppleganger anywhere near good as JoJo :wink:

Jo just needs to pad his shirt out a bit, puff-out his cheeks, and learn to walk like a gorilla...

pete75

Post by pete75 »

JohnW wrote:
kwackers wrote:My problem with Johnston is ...................... I wonder who's actually tugging his strings?................

Yes - that's the question - and the worry.

You mean like SIr Keith Joseph and Mrs Thatcher? Farage via Trump probably.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Bonefishblues wrote:No, I was thinking about Rachel Johnson. I find her insights informative. Why might I be joking about that, or thinking about someone completely different?

She'd get Mick f's vote that's for sure.

'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

pete75 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:No, I was thinking about Rachel Johnson. I find her insights informative. Why might I be joking about that, or thinking about someone completely different?

She'd get Mick f's vote that's for sure.

If that top button goes, there'll be scenes of wild disorder.
According to the Sun website, she bared all on TV on Sky...........just Rupert Murdoc's level, innit.
As I said above, I didn't know she existed until I followed up 'bonefishblues's' post (above) and found details I didn't ask for on her 'wikki' entry.

We may joke and leer about these things, but seriously, are people of their calibre fit to lead a country? - are they fit to lead us?
It's frightening. Boris may be less harm renting out bikes......................
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Watching Celebrity Gogglebox, which had a bit about the late night channel 4 show Naked Attraction, a bit like Blind Date but without clothes. They were referring to Male Private Parts as Johnsons. Is there a connection here?
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_4891.jpg
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

mercalia wrote:C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_4891.jpg

AAHHH ... Project Fear is alive and well, ignoring the previous failure of it's attempts to predict the future ...... "We're all doomed" they cried .. except we weren't !!
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

landsurfer wrote:AAHHH ... Project Fear is alive and well, ignoring the previous failure of it's attempts to predict the future ...... "We're all doomed" they cried .. except we weren't !!

Methinks you might be exaggerating but out of interest how's project: "it's all going to be rosy" coming along?

Obviously in both cases we've yet to leave and leavers do have the majority of economists on their side - except they don't; but they do have Farrage, Johnston and that guy that moved his vacuum cleaner factory out of the UK when we didn't join the Euro telling them how great it's going to be.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

kwackers wrote:
landsurfer wrote:AAHHH ... Project Fear is alive and well, ignoring the previous failure of it's attempts to predict the future ...... "We're all doomed" they cried .. except we weren't !!

Methinks you might be exaggerating but out of interest how's project: "it's all going to be rosy" coming along?

Obviously in both cases we've yet to leave and leavers do have the majority of economists on their side - except they don't; but they do have Farrage, Johnston and that guy that moved his vacuum cleaner factory out of the UK when we didn't join the Euro telling them how great it's going to be.

The really worrying thing is ..... there is probably a huge number of people desperately hoping that leaving will be a massive disaster ... just so they can say "told you so" ..... and who will be eaten up with anger and angst if its a success ..... which is sad .. :(
Be more Mike.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

landsurfer wrote:The really worrying thing is ..... there is probably a huge number of people desperately hoping that leaving will be a massive disaster ... just so they can say "told you so" ..... and who will be eaten up with anger and angst if its a success ..... which is sad .. :(

Part of "project fear" was pointing out that leaving wasn't the trivial exercise leavers were being sold and that was before we realised the population would be split pretty much down the middle.

My view is I might as well sit back and enjoy the spectacle, once you mentally move outside of it then it's both amusing and fascinating.
The best thing that can come of it in my opinion is the disintegration of the two main parties.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

kwackers wrote:My view is I might as well sit back and enjoy the spectacle, once you mentally move outside of it then it's both amusing and fascinating.
The best thing that can come of it in my opinion is the disintegration of the two main parties.

100% my opinion as well ....
Be more Mike.