A new tea pot

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

A new tea pot

Post by mercalia »

This is definitley the correct forum for this :lol:
I have just got a new tea pot - a nice stainless steel double walled one. Trouble is the tea dont taste so good. I looked at my old one that has a thick layer of tea tar in it , could that be the reason? Do you clean you tea pot off the tar residue periodically? I assume its "tar" for want of a better word
Bonefishblues

Re: A new tea pot

Post by Bonefishblues »

Tannin, I think.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I have a double walled SS teapot and it's fantastic.
Clean too!
Holds two cups.
Has a gauze basket to put the tea leaves into.

What tea are you using?
I use Assam loose-leaf bought from Creber's in Tavistock.
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Just apropos of that, I see Oggy Oggy is across the road, claiming to be the Cornish Pasty company, but I always thought that an oggy was the Welsh version of a pasty?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

this tea pot.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cooks-Profes ... 2749.l2649

I am using my standard Sainsburys Taste The Difference Assam that I have been using for years and found it to be a good tea as are their other ones under that label
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

My teapot is a .......... no maker's name on it, and I've forgotten what it was.

IMG_0252.jpg

Bonefishblues wrote:Just apropos of that, I see Oggy Oggy is across the road, claiming to be the Cornish Pasty company, but I always thought that an oggy was the Welsh version of a pasty?
Thread drift alert! :D

Oggies are Cornish Pasties and also the pasties you buy in Plymouth, England. It's a word local to The SW as far as I've always been aware. No idea about Welsh pasties. Do they have leek in them?
Mick F. Cornwall
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi all, My mind drifts back to a super ceramic teapot, which came with an insulated Aluminium cosy, no woolie one required.
Don't know if they still make them? But new stainless steel haven't built up the proper internal crust! TTFN MM
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

hi again, Just found this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bredemeijer-Ce ... ay&sr=8-60
Quality costs, might start saving for one. TTFN MM
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

mercalia wrote:This is definitley the correct forum for this :lol:
I have just got a new tea pot - a nice stainless steel double walled one. Trouble is the tea dont taste so good. I looked at my old one that has a thick layer of tea tar in it , could that be the reason? Do you clean you tea pot off the tar residue periodically? I assume its "tar" for want of a better word

I think it just needs using for awhile? I got a stainless steel water bottle a few weeks ago, and the first few times I used it, the water tasted kind of metallic. But it's fine, now.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

merseymouth wrote:hi again, Just found this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bredemeijer-Ce ... ay&sr=8-60
Quality costs, might start saving for one. TTFN MM

two things come to mind

a) its an easter egg with feet and other bits
b)its a nuclear reactor

what an ugly teapot. Mine is nice and about the right price
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Mick F wrote:My teapot is a .......... no maker's name on it, and I've forgotten what it was.

IMG_0252.jpg

Bonefishblues wrote:Just apropos of that, I see Oggy Oggy is across the road, claiming to be the Cornish Pasty company, but I always thought that an oggy was the Welsh version of a pasty?
Thread drift alert! :D

Oggies are Cornish Pasties and also the pasties you buy in Plymouth, England. It's a word local to The SW as far as I've always been aware. No idea about Welsh pasties. Do they have leek in them?

http://www.cornishpasties.org.uk/otherp ... asties.htm
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:D :D
Thanks!
Mick F. Cornwall
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

Did someone say pasty.
I love um and living in Plymouth I have plenty of choices where to buy them.
My current favourite is The Barbican Pasty shop.
Back in my working days right outside my work place was, and still is Ron Dewneys and I would far too often pop in for one...or two :oops: . When they were good they were awesome, but they were not consistently so.
Beauty will save the world.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Vetus Ossa wrote:Did someone say pasty.
I love um and living in Plymouth I have plenty of choices where to buy them.
My current favourite is The Barbican Pasty shop.
Back in my working days right outside my work place was, and still is Ron Dewneys and I would far too often pop in for one...or two :oops: . When they were good they were awesome, but they were not consistently so.

Dont you mean Ivor Dewneys. :wink:

Just noticed after a bit of googling that ron set up business in opposition to ivor after a family riff. Ivor has since bought out rons business. Oh well oggys still going. :lol:

https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/511048/stream_img.jpg

How long would it take to chomp through that one. :lol:
Last edited by rjb on 24 May 2019, 1:55pm, edited 2 times in total.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
rjb

Post by rjb »

Im partial to a hot oggy when out for the day. I sometimes wrap em in foil and leave them somewhere in the car engine compartment so they keep nice and warm for when i park up. :D
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D