What is a Troll?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
windmiller

Re: What is a Troll?

Post by windmiller »

Mike Sales wrote:
windmiller wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:
Clearly, since you keep coming back for more. One wonders why you do.

yes you obviously do don't you, don't worry about it

Don't be daft. You must have several score posts on this topic. I have less than a dozen. You have attracted a fair bit of abuse, I none.
I recognise a tactic you have used before.

You must be very saintly Mike unlike me. Blaming the victim of abuse rather than the abuser, hmmm how does that work again?
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

windmiller wrote:Blaming the victim of abuse rather than the abuser, hmmm how does that work again?

Not blaming, just wondering what keeps you coming back for more?
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Well most members who hold views that differ to mine seem to be decent enough types. Only a few are of the nasty type and if they continue I will ignore them completely.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

windmiller wrote:Well most members who hold views that differ to mine seem to be decent enough types. Only a few are of the nasty type and if they continue I will ignore them completely.

I was hoping you would go away. Apart from anything else I find your prose painful.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Mike Sales wrote:
windmiller wrote:Well most members who hold views that differ to mine seem to be decent enough types. Only a few are of the nasty type and if they continue I will ignore them completely.

I was hoping you would go away. Apart from anything else I find your prose painful.

I will take that as a compliment. I find you unremarkable and bland. This is the only time I have actually noticed what you have said on the forum, shame that you have to resort to spite to get my attention.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

windmiller wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:

I will take that as a compliment. I find you unremarkable and bland. This is the only time I have actually noticed what you have said on the forum, shame that you have to resort to spite to get my attention.

Spite! hardly.
You mistake my meaning. I find your writing irritating to read because it fails to convey any meaning. It is so poorly expressed, so unclear, because it reflects the confusion in your head.
Think about what it is you think, and what you are trying to say and then try to express it simply and clearly. Avoid cliché and don't use words and phrases merely because they sound good. Then your writing might be comprehensible.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Mike Sales wrote:
windmiller wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:

Spite! hardly.
You mistake my meaning. I find your writing irritating to read because it fails to convey any meaning. It is so poorly expressed, so unclear, because it reflects the confusion in your head.
Think about what it is you think, and what you are trying to say and then try to express it simply and clearly. Avoid cliché and don't use words and phrases merely because they sound good. Then your writing might be comprehensible.

You know you come across as if you really don't believe what you are typing. If I get under your skin that much just ignore me, let me know and I will ignore you. Maybe I should be more like you and try to sound bad? Nah I like the way I type and you really don't have to tell me what to think and type.
Thanks for going to all this trouble to tell me how you think you really feel about me though.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

windmiller wrote: just ignore me, let me know and I will ignore you.

Toodle pip.
drossall

Post by drossall »

OK, not quite sure what happened there, but I'm off to another thread. You two can have this one to yourselves. But it's still not trolling - it's something else equally unhelpful :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

windmiller wrote:Being disliked by abusing hypocrites is not a problem.

Viel Feind, Viel Ehr (German)
He who has many enemies, has many friends
People are so different, even cyclists are very diverse
Some things seem so obvious, if I may quote one mentioned recently on these fora: that using a phone when cycling is stupid, seems a no-brainer to me, no need for explanation :wink: Anyone disagreeing please post on the appropriate thread, not here
Could the old schoolyard jeer 'what you say is what you are' apply to those who make accusations of trolling?
Last edited by Cyril Haearn on 27 May 2019, 8:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi all, How about some levity?
As I told one of my nurses the other day - "Hold your friend close, and your Enemas closer still"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't always find trolls galling, but like kidney stones they ain't good for us. TTFN MM
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

My own opinion on the subject this thread is really about is that I don't understand why somebody would spend their time posting when what they post has the effect of convincing people their position is un-justifiable and has no rational basis.

Ian
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Psamathe wrote:My own opinion on the subject this thread is really about is that I don't understand why somebody would spend their time posting when what they post has the effect of convincing people their position is un-justifiable and has no rational basis.

Ian

I suppose the type of people who could only define themselves through the eyes of others would agree with that statement.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Psamathe wrote:My own opinion on the subject this thread is really about is that I don't understand why somebody would spend their time posting when what they post has the effect of convincing people their position is un-justifiable and has no rational basis.

Ian

I have think that only someone very insecure in their self is driven to provoke some reaction, any reaction, even adverse, in order to reassure themselves that they matter.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

windmiller wrote:

Ian

I suppose the type of people who could only define themselves through the eyes of others would agree with that statement.

No, it's about constructive use of time vs wasted time. You missed the point completely.

Ian