Sanctions?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: Sanctions?

Postby al_yrpal » 30 May 2019, 7:49pm

Cugel wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Meanwhile arch blatherer Cugel, who obviously has nothing better to do spends most of his day writing meaningless epistles no on can be bothered to read... :? As we head remorslessly towards a hard Brexit we leavers rub our hands with glee.

Al

Another of your squibs goes phut! :-)

Cugel, already done today 10X what you do in a week.

Yes, I can express my thoughts in few words. You should try it sometime. Obsfucation is not clever, its a serious shortcoming. What in your opinion goes phut, gets straight to the point with maximum effect.

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. CTC gone but not forgotten!

gaz

Postby gaz » 30 May 2019, 8:47pm

hondated wrote:4) How many moderators are there.

memberlist.php?mode=&sk=m&sd=d
That's the public record, some might have you believe that there are stealth moderators :wink: .

hondated wrote:2) Are the moderators representative of all of the countries regions.

It's an international forum, how many regions of how many countries did you have in mind?
Last edited by gaz on 30 May 2019, 8:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hand wash only. Do not iron.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 30 May 2019, 8:50pm

Cugel wrote:
No one is safe.

Thought not :shock:

Al thinks he is .... but he hasn't yet learnt about cause and effect in the realm of the political, as he prefers a big spangley wishful thunk and a damp squib to those wishing for summick else! Anyway, why eat humble pie when you can gobble Farage fudge?

Cugel

And he doesn't like empires,especially German ones,though he suffers delusions of a UK empire,sunny uplands and Unicorns with extreeeemmmeeellllly long horns... :wink:

R2 being preposterous......
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

gaz

Postby gaz » 30 May 2019, 8:53pm

Unicorns?
Scary things if you ask me.
Hand wash only. Do not iron.

hondated

Postby hondated » 30 May 2019, 8:57pm

Well that was a waste of time then :lol:

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 30 May 2019, 9:00pm

gaz wrote:Unicorns?
Scary things if you ask me.

Very :shock:

PS,I can't see the image but I'll take your word for it as I feel I can trust you :wink:
I cycle therefore I am.

Cugel

Postby Cugel » 30 May 2019, 10:10pm

al_yrpal wrote:
Cugel wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Meanwhile arch blatherer Cugel, who obviously has nothing better to do spends most of his day writing meaningless epistles no on can be bothered to read... :? As we head remorslessly towards a hard Brexit we leavers rub our hands with glee.

Al

Another of your squibs goes phut! :-)

Cugel, already done today 10X what you do in a week.

Yes, I can express my thoughts in few words. You should try it sometime. Obsfucation is not clever, its a serious shortcoming. What in your opinion goes phut, gets straight to the point with maximum effect.

Al

What was the effect that was max again? It must have slipped past me (going phut phut phut).

And what's this about "my thoughts"? Shurely shome mishtake as bald opinions hardly qualify as thoughts, especially since you got them elsewhere rather than from your own wetware.

Twitter-on, though but. There isn't much in the way of good comedy on the tele, after all. :-)

Cugel, an Al-fan.

Cugel

Postby Cugel » 30 May 2019, 10:16pm

reohn2 wrote:
Cugel wrote:
No one is safe.

Thought not :shock:

Al thinks he is .... but he hasn't yet learnt about cause and effect in the realm of the political, as he prefers a big spangley wishful thunk and a damp squib to those wishing for summick else! Anyway, why eat humble pie when you can gobble Farage fudge?

Cugel

And he doesn't like empires,especially German ones,though he suffers delusions of a UK empire,sunny uplands and Unicorns with extreeeemmmeeellllly long horns... :wink:

R2 being preposterous......

In the preposterous competitions and tests you would not be in the finishers list. They would all have trampled you as they sprinted preposterously to what they imagine is The Finish. As they pass over the finish line, some may realise it's the cliff edge. Others will keep running in mid-air, like the cartoons they be. Yes.

Have I earned a moderation yet? I am trying as I feel MM has outclassed us in getting a-one.

Cugel

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 31 May 2019, 7:15am

Here's a plan.

Have a committee to appoint the moderators.

Then have a committee to appoint the committee.

Soon we will all be committee members. Or moderators. Which we should be anyway.
John

Cycling and recycling

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 31 May 2019, 8:30am

Oldjohnw wrote:Here's a plan.

Have a committee to appoint the moderators.

Then have a committee to appoint the committee.

Soon we will all be committee members. Or moderators. Which we should be anyway.

I admire your commitment and,if I may say so,your post isn't without a degree of self moderation :)
Last edited by reohn2 on 31 May 2019, 8:35am, edited 1 time in total.
I cycle therefore I am.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 31 May 2019, 8:34am

Cugel wrote:In the preposterous competitions and tests you would not be in the finishers list. They would all have trampled you as they sprinted preposterously to what they imagine is The Finish. As they pass over the finish line, some may realise it's the cliff edge. Others will keep running in mid-air, like the cartoons they be. Yes.

Have I earned a moderation yet? I am trying as I feel MM has outclassed us in getting a-one.

Cugel

I feel I have to agree to being less preposterous than even a moderate preposterer,especially one with his or her feet fimly in mid air.
I cycle therefore I am.

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » 31 May 2019, 9:41am

Moderation by the members hasn't happened yet. And I'm possibly as bad as anyone else.

Everything in moderation. Either a police state or good advice on how to escape obesity.

With the ease of creating new emails and masking your ip address a ban might only be a small inconvenience. Pointless in the long term. On another forum or more there's serial new identity types. Appear, post a load of provocative stuff, get onto arguments or start them and stand back. Then you get a ban and a new username to restart, slowly at first then gradually you become more obvious and get called out as the same person. Never done that myself but seen it. You eventually learn to spot an individual's online language and posting style. That's harder to keep hidden than your identity.

This is TM
Trying to out drivel Cugel, with less style but some degree of success with the drivel bit.

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 31 May 2019, 9:52am

hondated wrote:1) Who appoints the moderators
2) Are the moderators representative of all of the countries regions.
3) What is the age profile of the moderators.
4) How many moderators are there.
5) Are the moderators representative of the forums ethnicity diversity & religious beliefs.
Not unreasonable questions so hopefully someone could give me the answers I am seeking.
It so happens, that the mods are in conversation about recruiting another one or two.

For my own part, when they started the idea of approving first posters and weeding out the spam, I volunteered. I have been asked in the past if I wanted to be a moderator, but turned it down. It needs someone more diplomatic than me, and someone with thicker skin than me. I have a few (not many at all) accesses to the moderators' area so I'm privy to some of the conversations.

If there any volunteers to be moderators, please send a PM to Admin or Graham. Thick skin and the judgement of Solomon are just two of the qualifications required.
Mick F. Cornwall

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 31 May 2019, 9:57am

Tangled Metal wrote:.........This is TM
Trying to out drivel Cugel, with less style but some degree of success with the drivel bit.

And doing a pretty good job of it if you don't mind me saying so :)
I cycle therefore I am.

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » 31 May 2019, 9:59am

reohn2 wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:.........This is TM

And doing a pretty good job of it if you don't mind me saying so :)

Why thank you. I do try my best! :D