Even Corbyn supporting MPs criticising him now

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Vorpal

Re: Even Corbyn supporting MPs criticising him now

Post by Vorpal »

The media are hardly going to report about them having tea together and chatting amicably.

If you want to know whether it's 'dishonest media' google 'disagreement between party members behind closed doors <party> and see what that dredges up. I'm sure that you'll find they insult each other on a regular basis.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
PH

Post by PH »

Tangled Metal wrote:How do you know this is a case of dishonest media?

The comment was of a general nature rather than specific to this report. If you have any doubts about that, look up the LSE study from early in his leadership, it hasn’t got any better. It should be something that concerns us all, the delegitimising of a democratic leader shouldn’t be something we tolerate. You’ll find I’ve said the same when it’s been political figures at the other end of the spectrum, though it’s far less common.
As for this meeting, even in the guardian report we have conflicting information, the worst meeting ever gets prominence, but further down another unnamed source tells us it was pretty usual. As I’ve said I wasn’t there, I don’t claim to know the truth of it, but I’m going to be suspicious of a media that has been demonstrably dishonest.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Delegitimising? It's his own members of Parliament who are questioning him on his performance. Do they not have a legitimate right to do that? Surely the whole purpose of those meetings is to have a frank and open discussion on any matter the PLP feels important?
PH

Post by PH »

Tangled Metal wrote:Delegitimising? It's his own members of Parliament who are questioning him on his performance.

Whether by design or in error, you have taken that out of context.
Here is the LSE report which you may like to consider.
http://www.lse.ac.uk/media-and-communic ... emy-corbyn