Viking river cruises, donkeys with wonky legs, support for bears in china, funeral insurance

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
nez

Viking river cruises, donkeys with wonky legs, support for bears in china, funeral insurance

Post by nez »

Apparently these are cyclists' obsessions. Ask ITV
merseymouth

Re: Viking river cruises, donkeys with wonky legs, support for bears in china, funeral insurance

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Nez, I say "Billhooks", similar to the LibDems! With commercial TV he who pays the piper calls the tune, complete with irritation factor. The fact that it provides awful music is an accepted fact. Come back 1952 TV. TTFN MM
nez

Re: Viking river cruises, donkeys with wonky legs, support for bears in china, funeral insurance

Post by nez »

If only you were right. Buy a subscription to Eurosport and you get similar rowlocks, only with the hilariously dry Oirish humour
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

merseymouth wrote:Hi Nez, I say "Billhooks", similar to the LibDems! With commercial TV he who pays the piper calls the tune, complete with irritation factor. The fact that it provides awful music is an accepted fact. Come back 1952 TV. TTFN MM

A bit like the vote leave campaign then :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
rjb

Post by rjb »

I stopped at the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuarry recently as a convenient drop off point from the bus which gave me access to the cafe there. Its very nicely laid out and you can see where the bulk of the money goes, and its not for our 4 legged friends. :roll: That advert they rolled out must prick the heartstrings and pockets of a lot of daytime viewers.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

nez wrote:If only you were right. Buy a subscription to Eurosport and you get similar rowlocks, only with the hilariously dry Oirish humour

Served with Carlton Kirby :roll: I’m sticking with the donkeys for now.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
nez

Re: Mercedes Benzes, Raffles for blind people, cat lotteries etc

Post by nez »

Clearly those of us wasting our time glued to the pdf on a Saturday are considered a different lot, though all this stuff about lotteries reminds me of Samuel Johnson's characterisation of the state lottery 'the tax on dunces.' I do wish they'd remove that pr1ck who presents American football and sometimes football on telly. Who wants to listen to his creepy ingratiating tone? I presume he's there for when Ned has his lunchtime sandwich and carafe.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

I prefer Eurosports coverage....just.ITV4 is just annoying :roll: