Employment benefits in kind

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cyril Haearn

Employment benefits in kind

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I worked in a LBS, got a discount on a new Peugeot but it took 700c wheels so I upgraded to a Gillott a few years later
Had several different jobs, got discounted or free: YH overnights, train travel, books, cinema tickets, now we get free fruit, I try to grab a banana

Used to travel a lot for work too, that was paid for of course, had free time in interesting new places, +1!

Mind, there are some jobs where one might prefer not to be paid in kind
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
kwackers

Re: Employment benefits in kind

Post by kwackers »

Free fruit was the one time I found helmets invaluable as an impromptu fruit bowl to fill up with as I passed the reception desk.

As well as free fruit we have free biscuits and crisps, a fully stocked larder, bread, jam etc etc

One place where I worked they would take the entire company on "holiday" every other year. One year we went to Disney in Paris, then we went to Malta.
They had to charter three 747's and fully book three hotels, entertainment was laid on, castles were hired for meals, various trips were offered, bins full of free beer and ice were everywhere.
They even flew Bill Bailey in for a show on the final day (at Disney we had to 'make do' with Johnny Vegas).

Current company took us all to Amsterdam for the weekend last year which was good fun.

Overall I could give the free biscuits a miss, I've little willpower when it comes to biscuits and just as I was beginning to win they started getting fig rolls...